• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Um.... Ok???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my luck, I'd get a voice?? mail with the sounds of a rod knocking!!
bash.gif

"As long as the company is around to make those, they are still around to get us parts for ours........some of the parts at least........good enough reason for them to exist in my book, Bluetooth or not...."

I agree with that statement. We need to keep buying the parts and fluids they still sell to keep them in business and I hope there is a market for their new machines.

KEITH - I'm not really sure where the next "OLD" Cub Cadet is around my neighborhood. Paul R. lives about 20 miles away, but I think there may be a couple closer to me than that.... But there's probably half a dozen NEW (less than 10 yr old) CC's around within 3-4 miles, most all lawn tractors. So I think MTD/CC is doing O-K.

I don't think there's near as many green & yellow tractors around as there is yellow & white ones.

Let's see... my truck, bike, camera, phone, tablet, laptop have Bluetooth. My laptop, desktop, camera have wifi. If these sumabeeches ever all start comparing notes, I'm gonna be screwed three ways to Sunday. I can see it now, the truck telling the CCC tractor that I was using inferior oil, the camera would supply pics and the laptop would link 'em to an MTD server, next thing ya know, the MTD Zero Tolerance Squad would be confiscating my mower blades......

GERRY - Are you saying "1984" got here a little late?

I watched an episode of Modern Marvels several months ago about over-the-road semi tractors. The computers in them monitor the engine constantly, and if a parameter gets out of the approved range, the truck's computer schedules a shop visit at it's closest shop, then e-mail's the truck's dispatcher that the truck is going to stop, and FINALLY decides to let the driver know that they're going to make a visit. The dispatcher has last right of approval on the service stop so if it's something not critical, it gets put off indefinitely. Plus the dispatcher can e-mail all kinds of stuff to the driver while he's en route. Back when I drove, just calling the dispatcher once or twice a day most days was too much. They always wanted you to do them little favors. Which normally ended up taking 6 to 8 hours extra for the day's run.

Gerry!!! Now that is what I'm talking about.
roflol.gif
that's funny stuff. Sounds like a wacky version of the Cyberdyne systems from the Terminator films!
jawdrop.gif

Latest posts

Back