• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tuff starting diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvenezia

displayname
charles venezia
Does anyone know if Cub Cadet ever offered a engine block heater for the diesels. I have a 1572 like most diesels it is a bear to start in cold weather. Or any after market heaters as well.

Thanks

The ones that go in the lower radiator hose work real good, and NAPA and CT sells them... They work by perculating the coolant through them. The issue is the fuel gelling if you don't have true winter mix, which approaches kerosene IN viscosity.. Don't use an oil heater, as it will burn the oil... I used to test Reefer units for 20 yrs, and to run them in the cold, a good diesel rated synthetic help with cranking. They sell fuel heaters that fit between the fuel filter and the filter head that run off of 12v.

One or more Glow plugs may be out. Glow plug control update helps cold starts. Zero-Start makes #3100099... 400 watt... 30mm frost plug block heater that goes in the D600 head. The same Kubota block heater... #70000-73595.

Back