• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tires

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rene Smythe

The rear tires on our Cub Cadet 169 are beyond shot. I ran across an add somewhat locally for two rear tires, 25x10x12. Our tires are 23x10.5x12. Is there a rim difference?

The rear tires on our Cub Cadet 169 are beyond shot. I ran across an add somewhat locally for two rear tires, 25x10x12. Our tires are 23x10.5x12. Is there a rim difference?
The tires are 2” taller overall and 1/2” narrower. Put them on and you’ll be fine. Ninety-nine out of a hundred people would never notice it, one lol would ☝🏼😆

Rims will be the same, but the increased rolling height may interfere with the fenders and/or mower deck.

Rims will be the same, but the increased rolling height may interfere with the fenders and/or mower deck.
The tires are 2” greater in diameter so clearance with the fenders or deck would only be affected by 1”. That 1” can be significant in some situations but I don’t think it would be in this one. A quick measurement of the current original tire clearance could confirm or deny my suggestion.

Let's take a poll, How many guys have put 26-12.00x12 tires on a Cub Cadet that came with 8.50 or 10.50x12 tires? Might have to put a couple spacers between the frame and fenders but if you go to a garden tractor pull you will see a BUNCH of Cubbies with 12.00x26x12's. The guy I bought my 982 from had a 782 with 26-12.00x12's.

Let's take a poll, How many guys have put 26-12.00x12 tires on a Cub Cadet that came with 8.50 or 10.50x12 tires? Might have to put a couple spacers between the frame and fenders but if you go to a garden tractor pull you will see a BUNCH of Cubbies with 12.00x26x12's. The guy I bought my 982 from had a 782 with 26-12.00x12's.
Okay, 12.00 tires for tractor pulling is best. For snowplowing and for at least 23 years I've used 8.50 Carlisle Tru Power AG's with 10-15psi and back-porch weight. Why is this better than 10.50 or even 12.00? Not an engineer, my theory is that tractor weight is spread over a larger area with the greater diameter tires and slippage may occur more than with 8.50's. Think the 8's dig in better. Also, always see Farmall's with 8.50's, they must dig in soft earth.
Let the engineers reply. Jack

Just yesterday, I installed new 26 x 12-12 chains on turfs for the 2086 that just got the front Haban 401 hyd. angle blade installed.
The chains alone add 15# to each tire.
Also installed 2 IH weights on each rim and plan to ad some additional weight to the rear Cat 0 as well.
More snow on the way for tomorrow and more (4 days worth) next week!
So far, with last weeks 3 "event" snows, we have gotten near 20" around here in some spots, more than the total for each of the last 2 or 3 winters!!

Latest posts

Back