• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

They're backkkkkkkk...GOLD RUSH...2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, That's the Hoffman crew's next season. They're going to try to fly a old worn out space shuttle to it loaded with Cats and excavators.

I was wandering around the Net looking for info on 'The Big One', GOLD! look here for actual info. Good thing its only the Hoffman crew going for it.
Could cripple the world economy.

I'm skeptical of the veracity of the report: I'm not sure its true. I don't see any links to any other sites by which I can verify it.
sad.gif

A lot of dirt moving on this week's show: 30 ft down for the Schnaubel kid (who's done a lot of growing up this year), and a second cut for the Hoffman crew.

I understand why Dakota Fred's wife "fully supports" his mining activity: anything to keep him out of the house. The guy is hell to live with if he isn't doing something!

Interesting to see the mechanic fixing the 400 --about time.

What tickles me about the Hoffman crew is that the leader (?!) makes a bad decision (to run 24 hours) and the rest of the crew has to suffer the consequences --work overtime to "make up" for the leader's error.

Reminds me of how I see many companies managed. I often wonder what it must be like, to be a manager, and be able to have a "perfect" record: blaming others for one's own mistakes.

The stories I could tell . . .
smile.gif

I haven't seen the whole episode but the little bit I did see the MSHA better get back to the Schnauble kids mine. You don't digging a 30 hole in granular material like that. That's a INSTANT saftey issue. Should be the minimum of 1 1/2 - 1.
Now to watch some Chicago Blackhawk Hockey.

Oh the thought process/or lack of, of youth!
Anyone else notice the lack of gold bearing material at 2 of the sites? The Schnables seem to be mined out. I thought there was more gold as shown by drilling tests than seems to show up in collection containers at Hoffmans. Maybe Fred's gonna be the only real winner here! ?

Allen,
I thought the same thing. Let's see.....I'll bet they hit it big or bring out the gold they're not showing you in the last show.

Another how long would you guys go with the program of "I promise you there's gold down there" or "I think there's gold over there" and all that other BS. I'd be doing some ass kickin' of be gone after the third time. Ever here of the story of the boy that cried wolf??

Did you happen to note the "future" scenes? Greg Remsberg walks off the Hoffman crew supposedly! And the kid is done, back to school.. 'bout time!
He had a dose of reality. I hope he learns from it.

Yup, I saw that but the mechanic left/returned and you see Greg on the aftershow too.

Tom, I think it's for one of the next few shows..

He seemed to be a lot more vocal and complaining this year.. sometimes it seems like he's whining!

Mike, I don't think he's whining, I think he's being real about things. I would have haul ass a long time ago.

Your probably right. Jack & Todd are certainly the "dreamers" of the team! LOL... I wonder why anyone would "follow" them? I guess when your not working you'll jump at anything that looks like money, but when you look at the stat's of who makes what.. it's not great news!!

Mike & Tom: I've often wondered about the leadership dynamics on the Hoffman team. I certainly wouldn't be following Todd (much less Jack), but then I wouldn't consider going to Alaska and drop tens of thousands of dollars in the hopes of making hundreds of thousands of dollars. But then I don't know anything about heavy equipment, either.
smile.gif

Yes, I've wondered the same thing! I guess desperation leads you to do many things. What frustrates me is when Todd gets out there saying how he doesn't believe in anything except gold and how people are following them because they're living the american dream! Now THAT is FUNNY! What ever it is that they're doing has little to do with any dream that I know of! At least he hires some "experts" to help guide them!

For anyone one who didn't catch the show this week, the Schnaubel kid's grandpa has a heart attack and has to go to a hospital 500 miles from his home; Dakota Fred can be found digging close to bedrock (exactly where the Hoffman crew wound up); and the Hoffman crew too find more gold in the bedrock of the FIRST cut, while they're opening a SECOND cut, before starting to think about a THIRD cut. The biggest event for them is that Greg Remsberg decides to go home to his family (his head is not in the game), but Dave decides he can't open the third cut unless he has some help, so he calls Greg up to ask him to come back. I thought the show was over at that point, and switched to something else, so I didn't learn if he decided to come back (I assume he did).
smile.gif

Speaking for myself, I gained an insight into why the Hoffman crew is willing to follow Tom. I was surprised by his reaction to Greg's request to go home. He seemed very compassionate and really seemed to care about what Greg was feeling at that point. He didn't mention the fate of mine at all, he offered to put up the money for the plane trip (actually, I think he volunteered that everyone would pitch in). He didn't react to how Greg's actions would hurt HIM (Tom). He simply seemed genuinely touched and concerned.

When a leader shows that kind of personal attention and concern to me, I'm willing to follow him anywhere. Perhaps I'm starved for love, but I can seen now why the guys stick with Tom: he's a people person and he has a lot of heart.

Still has a thing or two to learn about mining, though.
happy.gif

Jeremiah,

Ahhhhmmmmm,
1a_scratchhead.gif
I'm Tom Hoffman, he's <u>Todd</u> Hoffman. <font size="-2">(BTW, No relation!!)</font>

Latest posts

Back