• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Anyone watching "Gold Rush Alaska" on Discovery??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, the old guy that owns the claim has a map that shows where they once looked for gold, and an area that is promising. Previously they didnt have the big power equip to dig deep enough to an area suspected of being gold rich.
FUBAR...yes they were headed that way, then they figured to use Re-bar to reassemble their shaker...but no Jack Daniels bar yet!
dunno.gif

You have no idea of how watching that winds me up. I spent my whole carrer running heavy equipment and to see the nimrods think they know what the hell they're doing
stupid.gif
help.gif
rtfm.gif
n00b.gif
make me crazy!!!!
It like a Chef from a 5 star resturant whatching me make dinner.
dunno.gif

Tom - Nimrod, Minnesota is about 35 miles south of Digger's place, but I don't suppose that was the nimrod you were thinking of....

clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

Although I've never operated any equipment larger than a small Bobcat or an old Oliver Super 88 farm tractor, I agree with you - it's painful to watch those guys. Kinda like a train wreck: I know I shouldn't watch, but I just can't help myself!

I think we're missing something here...

Isn't the point of this show to "entertain" the general-public? A 'documentary' about gold-hunting would be pretty interesting, but it would get boring after about the 2nd-3rd episode without all of the extra drama that these YAHOOs bring. This is EXACTLY what the producers of that show want.

Kinda like American Choppers if ya think about it... I find it rather 'ironic' that the show was off the air for about a year, then came back when the father/son team broke up. The producers of that show saw some drama (or made it up?) and said "JACKPOT"!!!

Oh one last thing... Somebody needs to kick that old man out of that excavator....PERMANENTLY! He's gonna kill one of those guys with that thing!

Art,
EXACTLY!!! And like I said, just becuse you read about something, or what you THINK you know about something.....all that means is YOUR'E DANGEROUS. It's like that ol' saying, " I know enough to be dangerous".

Ok guys i have to comment discovery channel has made a huge mistake in the naming of this show so i am going to take it upon myselfe and rename it the new name will be .............
FOOLS GOLD !!! lol lol lol it seems to fit the show much much better what do ya think ???

You know the funny thing is, These jack_ _ _'s might actually find a small mother load.
I mean really!
Why would the discovery channel back these fools and then air it, if they flop, unless it had a BIG happy money making ending!

If they do strike it big, it will be the show of the century and I'm bettin that the Discovery channel is laughing all the way to the ratings bank, cause you damn well that they are getting hammered via email about that a cluster f_ _k this show has been to date, LOL

I don't know about the low ratings. You guys seem to love talking about it. Many of these "reality" shows seem geared to idiots, especially the younger crowd. One of the most successful actually named themselves "Jack Ass."

Watching them is like watching a train wreck, it is hard to resist slowing down to take a look. I guess that's what the program schedulers want you to do, stay tuned long enough to watch a commercial or two.

The more you guys talk it up (or down, as the case may be), the more you whet my curiousity. Now I've got to find out which channel Discovery comes on my TV so I can watch it for myself.

When the show is all said and done, they will probably find gold enough to break even or who knows maybe be the "Millionaires" that the Ol' man Jack said they could be if they find the MOTHERLOAD!! <font size="-2">(to sensationalize things like the show)</font> I'm sure the Discovery Cannel is kicking in some $$ for the show too. The analogy of it being a slow motion car wreck that people can't stop watching is pretty dead on.

I guess the thing that floors me is if these nimrods with NO FRICKING IDEA of what it takes to screen off material, correctly shelf youself into a deep excavation, or how to even pump water out of a silted in hole (last nights show)just think of what a person that know what the hell they were doing could make!!! Hmmmmmm maybe I found something to do next summer............

Bob, I'm likin' the Fools Gold. :cool:

After collecting buckets of 'black dirt' some one with a special dirt separator showed up. After checking the results it seems the gold there is worth $2 a bucket!<font size="-2">The plastic bucket is worth $5!</font> The boss brought in a old friend that runs a stone quarry...He got their digging operations back on track. Even the old man listened to him. We're down to the bottom of the Glory Hole where the good stuff 'spose to be. At close of the show it was starting to freeze, but they were getting great results with the latest pannings. Next week last show, lets hope they at least break even.

Well at least the truth is comming out. Todd call themselfs "idiots". Also said "they have "junk equipment", "don't what they are doing" and had a expert in mining come out to help them. The expert comes out for a couple of days and figures it out pretty damn fast. Don't do what you don't know!

Well that last show was a letdown. They ended up with $20,000 worth of gold in the last days till they got frozen out and had to go home. Now I have to wait till next fall to see what happens when they return...Phooooey.

Well watching old man Jack run that 400 was driving me nuts again. Thee <u>#1 rule</u> of runnig a excavator is never set side tracked to a deep excavation!!! That dope is full boomed down, digging in a granular material, and in fact undermining himself. Mannnn if OSHA were to show up those guys <u>and</u> The Discovery Cannel would have some serious fines.

Tom, OSHA...a few times there it looked more like OH S**T the way he was working that thing. Next season watch here, I'll give a recap so your blood pressure woun't go up and your wife woun't wonder what your hollering at on TV.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back