• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Anyone watching "Gold Rush Alaska" on Discovery??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Are any of you guys/gals watching that series Gold Rush Alaska on the Discovery channel?? I can't believe those guys try to do the stuff they try to do. Have you ever heard the phrase "Going to a gun fight with a pocket knife"? These guys are "Going to a rocket attack with a limp hotdog". Jeezus!!!!

Thanks, Tom! Went looking for the Discovery Channel and found Coal Miner's Daughter. The other gold will have to wait.
wave.gif

Tom H.
That is the biggest bunch of GOOF A$$'s I believe I have ever seen!

The last time I and 6 others went to Alaska and piddled around for 9 days and we came home with $6700.00 each and that was after paying for all the expenses!

I have one word for that entire setup!
<font size="+1">FUBAR</font>

I'm suprised so many families with little kids went with them. Think it was last week one kid got really sick and they finally found their water source was polluted. Last seen they had found some small chunks of gold... Hope they make a fortune with all the effert they've gone through. FUBAR...ya, probabily...but even a blind chicken eventually finds corn to eat.

Charlie-

Fubar?

Is that something you might find on a horse trail?

I've never seen this show but do you mean you were panning when you went to Alaska?

Wayne S.
Years and years ago before Buzzard Massie even thought about starting the GPAA, I and others used to pan/prospect for gold all over the country.
It's a great way to get away from it all and make money at the same time, LOL
There's actually placer gold in Minnesota, but it's hard to find!

What get's me is these guys don't know a G-- D--- thing of what the hell they are doing.

OK their name is Hoffman but....................

1.) First thing is the machinery they have. A Cat 980B and a 400 Excavator is BIG IRON to sift 150-250 cubic yards of material a day. Hell you can almost do that with a Bobcat.

2.) You just don't unload a 400 off to the side of the road and cross a pristine salmon river, the DNR will have you in cuffs in a heartbeat.

3.)Those shakers are nothing to mess around with, even if you know what you doing. They're against all laws of nature to stay together.

4.) Your lead mechanic, the guys that keep EVERYTHING WORKING in on morphine! WTF is that.

5.) That crazy ol' man needs to stay the hell out of the machine, he sux as a operator!!! Anyone can run that machinery, but can they operate it? I don't think so...wait....I know so.

6.) The water table and the "Real Estate Agent" running it. Just because you read all about it doesn't mean you know what the f--- your doing. I've read about the Space Shuttle and .....well.....you know the rest.

For me this show drives me friggin' nutzzzzz. I've done may share of running crushers w/shakers, excavated deep holes with a backhoe, dozered a hell of a lot of dirt, ran loaders, drove trucks, cut timber with a chainsaw, and all this stuff. Hell maybe I'll start reading how to be a brain surgeon, and body have a headach they want me to look at?????

I think we need to start our own Reality Series about this bunch of people all over the United States and other countries that have thie "Yellow and White Fever Addiction" and go around the countryside scouting for old Cub Cadets.I can see if now... We have one seen with Graham in Australia working his Cub Cadet. Then meanwhile half the world away Charlie P. is preparing to ship another truck load of parts via the Cub Cadet Transportation netowrk to this guy in Nova Scotia, named Donald Tanner or as Charlie affectionately calls him, "Wilbur". Then we go to Somerset, Wisconsin where Kraig M. and Art A. are preapring to go scouting for more Cub Cadets over in nearby Minnesota. Etc.
220064.gif
roflol.gif

Sure beat The Real Hosewives of New Jersey or Jerseylicious.

MARLIN - Your forgetting that Travis S & Wyatt scooped up most of the CC's in Iowa & southern MN years ago.

I have to agree about some of these reality TV shows. Deadliest Catch is O-K, I really like Ice Road Truckers, but the different logging shows, etc.... not so much. And for exactly the reasons TOM said.

Dennis F. Yes, you're right about Travis and Wyatt. With that segment we'll have some "newbie" checking leads on some pretty well scouted over territory hoping to find a looked over one-of-a-kind attachment.

While Allen S. in New Jersey is "discussing the high gas prices and if it weren't such a relaxing hobby...", meanwhile Meldoy S. has just noted in her log book the GPS location of an abandoned Cub Cadet along Route 61 between Shamokin and Sunbury, Pa. It appears to be a Quietline however the weeds and other overgrowth make it hard to tell from the road. She hopes to be able to stop and visit with the owner on her way back after dropping her trailer off at Lewistown."

In Nova Scotia, Donald Tanner has just received his latest shipment of parts from CC Specialties a small and yet highly sophisticated Suppy Store for both OEM and reproduction Cub Cadet parts. CC Specialties is located in Park Rapids, Minnesota. It's now mid June and the last of the past winter's snow is finally starting to melt. CC specialties owner, Charlie Proctor and his lovely wife are preparing to spend the day going to garage sales. Charlie has had very good luck finding Cub Cadets and sometimes off topic garden tractors at garage sales.

220069.gif

animatedihbear.gif

ALASKA-MOST EXTREME:
Not a bad show either.KILLER GRIZZLY BEARS,MOOSE AUTO COLLISONS, EXTREME SNOW and COLD.
The hovercraft is a neat machine,thats on there.
PLANET GREEN

OK, back on topic...they went thru $250K and borrowed more from a sister, nice! Old dad on the excavator is still apiece of work. With new collectors in the sluce maybe they will finally collect a sufficient amount. AH HA..claim owner places his rep on site to get things going, seems the 'new kids' have a limited clue to mining. Maybe next week we will see some gold if the old man don't drop the excavator into the hole!

This show just floor me. "I have a gut feeling the gold is over there"?.?. WTF!! Wouldn't you think for ONE MINUTE that before pouring all you money into a venture that it would be a good idea to know what the hell you're doing? There has to be a good ending for this show, but .....?????

Allen S. I was never really into the whole Star Wars thing however didn't everyone think that the final episode would have Luke Skywalker conquering Darth Vader and thus good would triumph over evil?
220413.gif
220414.gif
(I still think we need the Yellow and White Fever Intervention show).
happy.gif

Heck! Put the quarter million bucks on the Lottery/ PowerBall, probably be further ahead than $3,500 in gold in that tooth pick bottle...
rofl.gif
This Forum is very educational, I just discovered the meaning of FUBAR which dates back to at least 1944 ...Do I get credit for furthering my *Old Dog Tricks* education ?
err.gif

Well Paul, then I have to ask, do you know the meaning of FUBAR??

Latest posts

Back