• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

They're backkkkkkkk...GOLD RUSH...2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I took out of last nights episode, or as the editors wanted us to believe anyhow.

Todd Hoffman is a likable dreamer who cares about his crew. As a gold miner, the jury is still out on that one.

And then there is the arrogant lil' prick Parker who doesn't know how to treat grown men, he should get a good spanking buy all his crew. He made a comment about how his family has been doing this for 100 years. I'm sure some backing from the family doesn't hurt.

Tony is a guy that I would work well with, he tells it like it is. I sorry but in construction that is how it is.

I've some dealings with the DNR. When you file for a mining permit (at least around here) you have to submit a exiting plan. When you change the course of a river you HAVE BETTER have permission. Silt flow into a natural area is a HUGE deal

Tom, many years ago when over in the 'Warm Country' I had a carpentry/counstruction crew 4people, where we built medium quality buildings. I never had any type of management expierence, almost fresh out of school, 24yrs old. A couple months after we got really organized, one of my guys said 'boy you were a real pain in the a$$ when we started'! These were guys my age.
Working with grown construction guys has to be a real bewildering deal for Parker. Wait till next season, I bet he learned a bunch of humbling things this year, that will make him a better boss next time.

Way to go Gene Cheeseman!! Someone finally got the nads to tell Parker to F--- off.
Will Parker find another Gene? Probably yes, but maybe, just maybe Parker has learned something.

...and Gene maybe going over to the 'other side'...
dunno.gif

There seems to be a lot they're not telling us about Gene and Parker. I'm thinking Parker really F'ed up, especially in how he handled his crew --and himself.
He is going to have to outgrow his grandpa sooner or later.
smile.gif

I wonder if Parker found out like we did that Gene Cheeseman went to work for Tony.?.?.?

I'm not saying it happened one way or another.. but it would be pretty sleezy if that happened. And Gene must've known what he was in for! How much maturity can a 17 year old kid have?

And going to work for Tony?? Mr. Squeeze Each Penny / Run it 'til it Drops Himself?~?~? Heck Gene complained when Parker dragged his feet about getting some tracks.. oh this'll be sweet when he wants Tony to spend money!! rofl..

Who spends a million dollars for an old barge! Moving it probabily was a fortune too, guess discovery channel has some deep pockets.

Allen S.
You guys laugh at Tony, BUT, you'll soon find out that he will make his money back and then some before it's over, I promise you that.
biggrin.gif

Parker on the other hand is a freakin joke that couldn't do anything without someone else to back him and bail his sorry butt out when he gets in trouble.!!!!!!!!!!!
IE;
His Grandpa
His Parents
His workers
Gene
Tony
and on and on and on, LOL

Sorry about the late notice. GOLD RUSH 2015 starts a new season tonight, Friday 16th at 9pm (EDT). It's a 2 hour show on DISCOVERY channel. See you there.

So what did you think Allen? I fell asleep during the first show.. but did watch it last night. I did enjoy watching the dredge tear through the soil and it seems to be profitable.

If it truly only consumes 10 GPH of fuel compared to the others doing maybe 10 times that! Wow.

But what does a replacement bucket or chain cost? and where do you order one?!?!
1a_violin.gif

Mike and others, a different approach last night. We had clips from Parker and his grand-dad plus a little from the Hoffmans. But the main part of the show was getting the dredge up and working. Needed safety upgrades seem to have been made and so, lets open the flood gates and float this thing. Of course a p/u truck almost got drowned along with a fork lift. "fire it up!" and it works!!! A bunch of problems happened but were resolved, thanks to Gene the head mechanic. They ran that thing for twenty hours and got 21 oz of gold, they were happy with that. As far as fuel usage, well, think we will revisit thjat claim at a future time.
Next week maybe we see close to a whole show about one group instead of the old, jump between sites format.

Quote:
Allen S.
You guys laugh at Tony, BUT, you'll soon find out that he will make his money back and then some before it's over, I promise you that.
Charlie, it seems your right already in this new season...think recent cleanup was around $24K !
yikes.gif

Latest posts

Back