• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The joy of Customer Service!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthomley

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Vincent Thomley
I'm posting with KENucktyKEN in mind... Maybe I should call it - my rant...

Here's the email I recieved this morning.

Hi Vince

I still have your correspondence from last year. I ended up buying a craftsman so I could put off fixing the old ones. Now I have 3 non-working lawnmowers and a really long yard. Are you still fixing mowers? If so, I think I need your help. I still have the old ones - one belches black smoke and the other needs a new float to stay running. The craftsman had something break on Sunday night. It makes a bad knocking sound. Do you want to take a look at them for me? Shoot me an email or give my cell phone a call. I'll have to bring them to you one at a time as I only have a car. The most important one is the craftsman. I think my neighbors may turn me into the grass patrol pretty soon for letting it get so long. Anyway - let me know if you are available to help me out. Thanks!

Maybe she should go buy another craftsman...GEEEEEEEEEEEZ why not buy another this year, have 4 mowers she already has 3...

I sharpen Mower Blades and to tune-up service as a side job. Key words are sharpen mower blades!

Vince:
Since I retired, three or four of the neighbors decided I could do their mowers (and no, I don't do this as a sideline.....). After doing oil changes, blade sharpening, grease, belt changes for three years for 'em, one decided they needed to pay the local Green dealer to do the same thing (they came out, hauled it to their dealership and whacked 'em mucho $$$$ for the same service). There's more to this story, but....

'Nother one of 'em didn't like the price I paid for oil ( I think I dinged 'em about $40.00 including oil filter, oil, air filter and about an hour of my time). That include the LOF, checking tires, belts and sharpening the blades.
With the work list I've got around here, I may be lucky enough to have pi$$ed 'em off......

Vince-
I'm sorry my wife sent you that email. I tell her not to do that anymore.

roflol.gif

Art, I should have known that was her...

Well currently I have 3 push mowers in the back of my truck. I'll see if I can get them runnin tonight and maybe use them to blow snow tomorrow morning!

An older Briggs motor that supposedly smokes, a Tecumseh that just won't run - she said she has prvieously had the Carb worked on, hmmm junk. And a rather nice Craftsman that is only a few years old, she got it from a friend last spring. I think I'll get the Craftman with the EAGER motor runnin' dispose of the rest.

Latest posts

Back