• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Thank you. Al Koller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert koller

1969 cub124 . My father bought L.I N.Y Plow and deck 42 inch. Bill 1,200 .00 Stick shift transmission .

Attachments

• Cub1.JPG
    Cub1.JPG
    534.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Cub2.JPG
    Cub2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Cub3.JPG
    Cub3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Cub6.JPG
    Cub6.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
PEOPLE AND PRICES IN NEW YORKare REDICULOUSE!!!!! I see running tractors in all other states for $300-$400 range,,, BUT in N.Y. the people bend you over and DON'T USE VASELENE!!!

Sounds to me like his dad who lived in N.Y. bought new in 1969 and paid $1200.00 for it--which is about right price wise.
Albert now lives in Georgia.
Robert--cut the guy a little slack

well first seems like some one is from N.Y and should be use to be getting bent over with out VASELENE. Tax Tax and more Tax.
Yes I still have it and it's not for sale now . Like kids say I'm 79 and 7 moths old , so that may change. Had it sitting for some time. Had to clean gas tank, fuel lines and carburetor, up and running. Well here is where I need some advice and help. Standard shift it seems the transmission is always engaged, go to **** it grinds. Adjusted brake and can not push mower( seems ok ) Brake / cluch peddle hangs down apx 1 1/2 inch ,tried adjusting cluch as per book and no change. Any hints or advice . Thank you . Here is a picture of what i believe is clutch section. Hope I explained right.
Al Retired Pan Am airline ----Delta Airline ---U.S.A.F / ANG
P.S Grew up in NY , worked for Pan Am -- went broke - Delta offered Job in Ga. all worked out fine.

Attachments

• Cub13.JPG
    Cub13.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Are you sure the clutch disk (part #6) is not rusted to the plates?
With the clutch depressed, the disc should be free of both plates a bit.
Should be a spring that returns the pedal to the raised position when released.
Part #16

Could be a lot of worn parts there.
#s 3, 9, 10 plus 4 and 2, both of which may be broken.

Best to disassemble and inspect to find the issue
1689694459841.png

Had the same problem with mine,,worked fine, then after 2 weeks of rain in N.Y. clutch would no disengauge, used a clamp to hold the brake/clutch pedal down and found the clutch disk stuck to flywheel tapped it a frew times with a screwdriver handle,,,alls fine

Are you sure the clutch disk (part #6) is not rusted to the plates?
With the clutch depressed, the disc should be free of both plates a bit.
Should be a spring that returns the pedal to the raised position when released.
Part #16

Could be a lot of worn parts there.
#s 3, 9, 10 plus 4 and 2, both of which may be broken.

Best to disassemble and inspect to find the issue View attachment 1547354,
Plate seem ok but always have pressure on them. looks like rebuild will be the answer .. one Question how dose the shaft come out of the transmission ? any clips or just slides out. Long story short after some phone calls I got the link to service and parts manual for Cub 72 104 105 124 125. .pdf files.

Plate seem ok but always have pressure on them. looks like rebuild will be the answer .. one Question how dose the shaft come out of the transmission ? any clips or just slides out. Long story short after some phone calls I got the link to service and parts manual for Cub 72 104 105 124 125. .pdf files.
There is a coupler between the drive shaft and the transmission input shaft held in place with 1/4" Spirol (coiled) pins that you will need a pin punch to remove. Part #21
Not a fun job on a NF.

1690077431142.png

Back