• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Super steer axle questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmhill

displayname
John Hill
Hey guys, I have an 1811 and I'm thinking of putting a "super steer" front axle from a 1641 on it. Are there any disadvantages to this? I plan to run a QA42 blower in the winter. Will the super steer axle cause any tire clearance issues with the blower?

Your 1811 already has a basic super steer axle with the 3 turn lock to lock action.
So there's really no reason to do all the work to change things out IMHO.
thumbsup_old.gif

I think he means the late model axle that turns extra sharp. Not the steering column upgrade.

Yes, you will have to trim the chain guard a bit on the blower. Steve B has pictures. It also depends on if you have the one that raises the front end 2" or keeps it level. The extra 2" will require 26x12 rears to level it out and different blowers arms to get it back to the ground.

Nic B.
I didn't mention the steering column or any steering upgrade.
I HAD super steer axles and a 1811 and both turned exactly the same.

Changing the 1/2" pulley on the QA42 to 5/8" is a waste IMHO.
I'd find a 450 or at least a 451 BLOWER for it and grin all the way through the snow!
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back