• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Suggestions, Opinions, or Gripes

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Wyatt, it was exactly what I intended to say earlier, but in much more eloquent form!!!!! Very well stated!!!!

Nothing wrong with the forum as I see it. I been around for a few years and see lots come and go . some are missed and some not . that's life !

Well, I see we're getting alot of opinions, and for the most part it sounds like nothing really needs to be changed.

Brian and Wyatt - if you're talking about an IH 782 then it would be my understanding the discussion goes on the main page, no matter what parts or engine you're using. It's still an IH 782. Nothing in the current rules I know of says you have to use original IH parts.

Here's my 3 cents on repowers and the like on the main board.
IF!
The are added to the Topics section under a NEW thread, that makes it faster and easier for others to find. Especially since very few know how to or take the time to use the search function.

If we go adding a bunch of Sub-Topics, I'll get bitched at about there being to many.
If we don't, I get bitched at cause there's not enough, LOL

If Bryan would have gotten his way, we would have switched over to all threads years ago.

WFM just did that after it sold and it's been a bear since.

1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

For the most part I despise threaded forums...
eww.gif

Wyatt, Scott, well said/written.

Did I scare everyone away with my comment about threaded forums? They have their place, I like them for some portions of this forum, the refurb/restoration area, the sandbox and others but for the IH Cub Cadet area I much prefer the way it is.
happy.gif

301452.jpg

When I launch the site I use a bookmark link which launches the Last 3 day link. Just drag and drop the 3 or 7 into your favorites. That way I can quickly see what has been going on the last couple of days and can click away from there. I thought I would share this method for those who might find this trick more user friendly. I like it and it seams easy to me.

301453.jpg

And Terry's approach works on all the sites I frequent, it doesn't matter if they are "threads" or "continuous" or insert any term you like, I just see ( or want to see) the posts since I last visited. No matter where they reside. And when I submit a reply, those should be in the correct location, as long as the original poster does his post in the proper spot. It works for me and many others quite well and makes any difference in the format really irrelevant.

Since the changes in my life in the past few years, actual wrenching on Cubs has taken a sharp downturn. This probably has reflected in the types of posts I have added to the main page being of a more general nature, sometimes using analogies that come from other mechanical fields (automotive, motorsports, small engine repair etc.) to help someone think out a problem. I still like to help, and I hope that isn't part of the off topic issue.
I do think that Charlie should let us try to self-police this issue, at the same time we need to make sure we aren't setting ourselves up as the "Internet Police". There is a fine line, usually involving not only pointing out the error, but helping guide the miscreant to the best place for their post.

A final thought here, don't change things Charlie, this forum is like my home or like my favorite pair of old shoes. I can be gone for a week or a month, come back and it still feels like home. Also - these issues seem to be coming more frequent.... I am concerned, as I suspect many are, that we've finally burned 'ol Digger out. Let us know if there is any way to help or what we should be thinking about doing if we want to keep the forum alive..

Gerry - really like your comment about "my home" and asking Charlie not to change a thing. Many of us have got real used to the Forum being the way it is, and making it just like home.

Gerry put it well, and the only thing I would think about tweaking would be the edit time

Geeez, today is the first time in this new year I look at this and its almost changed....yikes!

I'd say this forum helped me buy my 2nd through 20 or 30 some Cub Cadets. No need to change. Just follow the simple rules a bit and get along. I know this is easier to say than its done - thank you Charlie!

I do tech support and customer service every day to both the Golf Course Industry and every day consumers. Some days its more fun than others.

dang it,, where Kraigs perfection meme when you need it.

Thanks Charlie

Back