• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

STUPID things I witnessed today

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Was behind a guy today pulling an old forklift on a 16 foot tandem trailer. When he'd get over 30mph he'd almost lose control because it fishtailed so badly, truck and all .... he took the Interstate on ramp ...

We have a rental shop down the road from the place here. They rented a green 950 with loader (5 or 6000 pound machine with trailer) to a guy who pulled it with a Jeep Wrangler. He could barely pull out from a stop sign and had a hell of a time to stop. The back wheels were tweaked out on the bottom like a bad ball joint on a four wheel drive. I couldn't beleive it, now I know why I own a one ton.

I used to drive a CJ7 and I really think even a snomobile trailer is too much for them . Short wheel base makes it worse . Was pulling my 19' boat out of Owasko lake one day and in pulls a guy with a Toyota or S10 towing a 38' Bayliner cabin cruiser to drop in the lake
yikes.gif

I've been known to do some stupid stuff but that's way out of my league . I know what it took my 1/2t Chevy to stop a 19'er . There is a town 1/2 mile from there so I'm hopin that he lived in town .

The job I'm working on is in the boonies and it takes a 30mi.drive up U.S. 19 in Levy Co. Fl. to get there. Beautiful drive with wilderness on each side.
Not a thing is sight for miles and miles. Now 19 is a four lane highway with the lanes seperated by a 100ft. median. You get the picture. So.... today I'm driving home and thru my 58yr. old eyes I see something up ahead in the median.... moving back and forth.... dang what the heck...... when I get closer I see it's a guy on a motorcycle doing wheelies.... going from one side of the median to the other...... Cool!!! I used to do similar crazy things on bikes....so I slow down a bit to get a better look and all of a sudden his front wheel drops down and he shoots up and over the highway, down the embankment and into the state highway fence.... Whoa........ I slam em' and hit reverse and start running towards him but as I'm running he sits up with a big smile and say's... Whooops!
I swear he said Whooops. Besides a few scratches and a mouth full of dirt and weeds he seemed to be Ok. After the next few words out of his mouth I realized he was DRUNK!! Wheee Hawwwww.... LOL
He unsteadly picked up the 250 yamaha ..... which started right up and proceeded to "scream" down the fence line to ???
I had to stop in at the "Castaways" in Crystal River and toss a mason jar of local brew to the old boy.
err.gif

Loading the back of my old 3/4 ton with 3000#+ of concrete bags, not putting the skid all the way forward and slamming on the brakes and then lurching forward when it hits the toolbox. Good thing no one was in front of me at the light.

Heading up to the garbage dump with same truck, lost one of the plywood sides I put on to haul building refuse, Siw wheeler runs it over along with a cabinet and keeps going. We put the side back on, ratchet straps and bungee cords all over it and went to the dump.

Not some of my brighter moments.

Decided to get rid of all my old scrap iron and collection of junk. Saw and add in Craigslist for a guy who would haul it away for free. I told him how much I had but when he showed up with two other guys he was driving an old beat up ford Ranger. I asked them how they were going to haul all the iron away, they said I wouldn't believe how much they could haul.

I cut the long pieces up with my chop saw and plasma cutter. When they had it loaded to the top of the cab and sticking out the back about three feet, I loaded an old metal garden tractor, a large cement mixer, a rear end out of a 128 cub & frame, a three point tiller, and some misc metal with my loader on the very top. I had to push some stuff off the loader because I couldn't get it high enough. When they were loaded they tied it down with some rope.

The only thing I regret is not getting a picture as they drove out of the yard.

try loadin a '98 ranger with 1700 lbss of tile. thats over what a new f150 is rated for. then try drivin about 50 miles on one of illinois roads. stretched the springs from bouncing all over. when tile went in it became a low rider. took it out and it looked like we put a lift kit on it. sadly i dont think we broke any tiles. still need to open boxes.

I had 1750 pounds of scrap steel plus me and the ol lady and cross bed tool box with a floor jack in it on my '89 S15 short bed.
I had more than that on it at Lowes and the guy loading it said that it wouldn't haul it 'cause his Ranger couldn't ... I told him to keep loading. I brought home a level to the bed sides load of those concrete retaining wall blocks.
That was a slower than normal drive home so I wouldn't break an axle.

sadly only reason we took the ranger was beacause it was only truck with useable bed and taking a truck that gets 12 didnt seem practical especially if we would have needed to tote the trailer up with it
plus i buried it in snow while plowing

Kentuk, I did something similar. Back in 94 I bought a brand new 16X80 mobile home from a dealer (a very shady one at that) in NE Ia. Had it set up about 15 miles east of Des Moines, about 110 miles for them to haul it. They called to say they were on the way with it and did I have the concrete blocks ready? I says what blocks? They says we have them, but we'd have to put them inside your new home. So I made a trip to the concrete block place in West Des Moines with my trusty 79 Chevy LUV truck. It was a 4wd that I'd turned the torsion bars all the way up and added a helper spring in back. The rear axle was probably 1 inch from the bump stops and my 4X8 utility trailer was bottomed out. The load was heavy enough that I had to put the transfer case in low range to start out. I learned how to float it from low to high on the way home, kind of like driving a twin stick Mack. Didn't go much over 30mph. That was one good little truck. It was originally from California so it wasn't rusty. I put rings, rods, mains, and valve job in it right after I got it, put 250k on it, then sold it to a friend who is still driving it today.

Brian - I always wanted a 4x4 LUV. I heard once that they had a diesel 4x4 too , that'd be fun to play with ;)

Another thing I did once was jump in our old '71 ferd F100 and run out in the field and load up 75 bales of hay to beat a rain storm. When I got to the barn I had to take 3 layers off to get under the shed. It was a tall load ! It felt like it was going to turn over rocking side to side. People still don't believe I could get 75 on a pickup ... but I did.

Oh, GREAT, you guys had to say Chevy LUV...

Well, you'd better grab and chair and maybe something to snack on, because as soon as "picture boy" sees this discussion, it's going to be "blah, blah, blah.....blah..."
80666.gif

i had one of my guys put a 20 ton (Capacity not weight)Roof top A.C. unit on top of the service bed of their truck once.It probably weighed close to 2000 lbs and squated the rear of that f150 down pretty good.they proceeded to leave the parking lot and stop at the sighn and the front tires just slid along and they blew the stop and ended out in the midle of the road!you would figure that the big boss would call for the trailer but he told them to get out and hed drive it back to the shop!somehow he made the 40+ mile drive back

Art, Ooo, Ooo, I need to spend some time tonight scanning photos of the 1981 Chevy 4x4 diesel Luv I used to have, never should have sold that truck. Best mileage I ever got was 45mpg driving 100 miles back from the cabin in a snowstorm after the deer hunting season. Had it in 4 wheel drive the whole way but the top speed for the trip was only a tad above 40mph. It would usually get mid 30's for mileage. That thing had a whopping 65hp out o f the 2.2liter 4 banger. It had a 21.5:1 compression ratio and held 6.5 quarts of oil. Could of used a 5 speed in place of the 4 speed as it could barely hit 70mph. It wouldn't use any oil unless I ran it above 60mpg then it would blow a quart immediately. One other thing I'll never forget, the air filter cover had a label on it that stated to "....change air filter frequentry...." Ah the good old days, man I miss that truck....

<font size="-2">picture boy???? In any case I couldn't let you down.</font>
roflol.gif

Jason, IMOP ya got to give credit to that problem with the truck brand. I could load my Toyota over the roof with concrete blocks, yes it was stupid, and deliver it where I set my trailer up without problems. Did the same load once with my F150 and it screamed and begged to be unloaded. Didn't want to go, didn't want to stop, didn't even want to steer. It was a good plow truck but thats it. That Toyota was 10x's the truck the F150 was.

Kraig, Those Luv diesels were cool. They offered a diesel for the little Ram50's like I drive now. When I smoked my engine last year I tried to find one to replace my gas engine with. Very few and far between. The ones I did find were commanding big prices. Nothing even within 1000 miles. There being scarfed up by the bio-diesel guys like crazy. That's what I was hoping to do with one.

Brendan - Don't get me started on the quality of 'YOTA springs ... but I will say this , you bend'em down and they don't come back up.

Kraig - My mail box is empty .... where's the LUV buddy LOL

Back