• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Storage for cubs?!?!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckrill

displayname
Charles Krill
does anybody know some cheap and easy storage tips besides a tarp? our cats like to sleep on the tarp and i have to shoo em off to get to my cub.

Cheapest storage and easyest storage I can think of is to park the cub under a large shade tree.

ok, i was thinking about making an inexpensive aluminum frame and attatching a tarp, what do you think?

Charles,
Get yourself 4 each 4"x4"x8' for corners, and 17-20 each 2"x4"x8' and make a 8'x12' building, then pull a 20'x40' tarp over it(or a couple smaller ones) and you will have a nice easy storage area. Then your cats will go inside and sleep right on the seat of your cub!

Thanks to our great government and the stimulus checks I finally got a building this summer.

89825.jpg

10x12 was all I could afford and about as big as I wanted to put in the back yard anyway. A buddy gave me some Harbor Freight ramps to use to get the Cubs in and out. I plan to run power for lights and an old ceiling fan I have and a couple of outlets, but probably just 110v.

Charles, The cheapest shelter I know of and how I was taught to store firewood is to get access to Locust trees and use a chainsaw to cut the limbs and trunks to length. Locust wood is nature's pressure treated lumber and was used by farmers for fence posts. They will last for 50 or 60 years in the ground. dig your holes and put them right in the ground and you can use regular lumber for framing and use sheet roofing for the top and sides or stretch a tarp over them. works good.

Latest posts

Back