• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rear rims

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edale

displayname
Everett Dale
I think I've asked this before but I don't remember getting a good answer.

Where can I get new rear rims for my 982? They are 12X12. I'd like new but would be happy with really good used ones.

-everett

Everett D

Try and post here you will get more people see what you want, IH Cub Cadet Classifieds ,Wanted To Buy. Good luck

I tried that a while ago and didn't really get a response. But I would really like new ones. Someone must know where I can buy them. A lot of the bigger garden tractors run 12 inch rear wheels. Where can you get replacements.

-everett

Everett-
The rear rims on your 982 are not 12 X 12.

I believe they are a 12 X 8.5" rim. That's not to say you couldn't find 12" wide rims somewhere, but I think you may have a tough time getting the beads on a 12X12X26 tire to "seat" on a rim that wide.

1a_scratchhead.gif

The tires say 12 X 12 X 26. They are really fat. They might not be original tires/wheels. This tractor was used in a cemetery for 20 years before PO bought it then sold it to me. So maybe they put fatter tires on it do do less damage on the grounds? I'll double check but I'm sure they are 12 X 12.

Although, I would rather have 12 X 8.5s for farming work and the big fatties with chains for the snow. Either way where can I get them?

-everett

Tire size is independent of rim size to an extent. The 26-12-12 used an 8.5" wide rim, as does the 23-10.50-12. The 8.50s use a 7" rim, and the 6" wide tires take a 5"-ish rim. 26-12-12 is the standard tire size for a 982.

Ah That makes sense.
1a_scratchhead.gif
(not really) but I'll take your word for it. Thanks

-everett

Everett,
The IH engineers mounted the 12x12 tires on the 8.5" rims to make them taller. This gives the tractor more ground clearence. The very last year or so of cyclops Supers used a wider rim but I'm not sure how wide. They should still be available from your local CC dealer on one of the sponsers. JD and Kubota both use 26 12x12 tires on some of their current sub-compact models so wheels should be available from them too. I believe M.E. Miller tire co also sells new rims.

For a 982 you need to use Cub Cadet wheels which have a unique offset, wheels from a deere etc will not fit. You can find wheels once in a while on ePay as well, note that they must be from a 982, 1572,1772 1782,2182 or 2084,2086 2284, 1872 2072 there I think I named em all.

Latest posts

Back