• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

PTO CLUTCH REPLACEMENT

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamarks

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jack Marks
Anybody think it would be possible to replace the PTO CLUTCH ON THE EARLY YEAR CC’s up to the 169’s with a modern Electric clutch, for reliability and practicality???

Jack,for what it's worth..pics show elec mounted on 301.I made a bracket to mount on to engine bolts ,had to rig a stop point for clutch hold.To keep pulley for sg belt the old clutch needed face cut off that allowed enough room to mount elec on engine shaft..This is an ongoing project which means untested but I strongly believe it will work.the green handle has no value..hope it helps thinking it thru...

Attachments

• 100_1495.JPG
    100_1495.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_1494.JPG
    100_1494.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_1496.JPG
    100_1496.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
I was thinking on the same line to replace with electric. But instead I rebuilt mine on my 71 and i performs great. surprise to me that it works so well. easy to adjust if needed down the road. Or should I say (Down the Lawn)

Manual clutches are serviceable, reliable and much cheaper to rebuild with the kit. Electric clutches are expensive, pretty much non-rebuildable and adapting it to an 1X8/9 Series will take time and the proper design/machine work to accomplish. It has been done by others and there is information here on the forum by those who have done it.

Latest posts

Back