• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Replace PTO pulley with aux hydro-pump

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonrick

displayname
linuxfarmguy
This might sound ridiculous, but would it be at all in the realm of possibilities to directly mate an auxiliary hydraulic pump to the magnetic PTO on a 1450? More specifically, remove the belt pulley and replace it with a hydro-pump (1:1)?

This might sound ridiculous, but would it be at all in the realm of possibilities to directly mate an auxiliary hydraulic pump to the magnetic PTO on a 1450? More specifically, remove the belt pulley and replace it with a hydro-pump (1:1)?
Personally I wouldn't. Just add the pump below the PTO so you'll have a way to disconnect things if you need to.
1700680256952.png

Personally I wouldn't. Just add the pump below the PTO so you'll have a way to disconnect things if you need to.
Thanks for posting the image! That helps me a lot in visualizing how other have done aux pumps. Did that require any cutting or 'modifying' beyond adding mounting hardware?

For what purpose are you using an auxiliary hydraulic pump?
I was thinking that I could give myself sort of a universal PTO. Specifically I was looking to possibly run a log splitter. But I figured I could drive other equipment just by utilizing a hydraulic motor. I have the impeller and housing from an old leaf vac that I was thinking could be powered by a hydro motor.

I realize this is very likely not the most practical approach, just was thinking it would allow me to get more use out of the tractor and would make for an interesting project.

Latest posts

Back