• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Posting pictures from a Smartphone

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eburton

displayname
Eddie Burton
Any suggestions about posting pics from an Android phone without having to use Photobucket? Had a Blackberry before Android and could upload pics if I resized them on a PC first.

You will need a cable to tether your phone to your PC, and turn USB storage on (the phone), at least that is how I do it on my run of the mill LG LS-670 running Android 2.2. XP or Windows 7 should recognize your phone and treat it as an external drive. If you don't want to bother with the cable, you can always email it to your PC's email address, and save the attachment.

I have found that you usually need to set your resolution to the minimum the phone will go, usually 640x480 and set the quality at normal to even have a shot at getting under the 100K limit, especially if the image is "busy". I usually use a program like Gimp to edit the picture before posting it. You can also do cropping, light and color balance corrections as well as resizing. your images before posting.

Bruce,
Thanks for the info. but I was trying to get around having to tether to a PC. When I take a pic I would like to have the option of posting at that time. I downloaded FireFox and a photo resizing program and that works but not consistent. Sometimes FF will not respond when I try to upload a pic. Don't think FF has came up with a good pesticide yet to elliminate all the bugs.

Eddie- I post directly from my HTC Thunderbolt. The only issue I've had was needing to reduce file size, and its just because I'm too cheap to buy the photo editing apps.
bottom.gif

Wyatt,
Which Browser are you using? The installed Browser on this DROID2 would not work for uploading pics even after resizing.

I'm just using the default Google browser, the Thunderbolt is a Google phone, not a MS phone like the droids. Not sure if that's all.

I just used the Google browser to upload a pic of an "O" I purchased last Saturday. Haven't been successful with that browser until now. Neither browser has been consistent for uploading pics to the forum.

Wyatt, the Droids are not MS phones. All Droids are Android phones. Unfortunately, a few phone companies have been loading Microsoft Bing on their Android phones as a browser. You are better off using the Google browser that "usually" comes standard on the Android phones, if it isn't on there, people should download it. Nothing against Microsoft products, but their browsers are the slowest, buggiest and the most prone to viruses out there.

Latest posts

Back