• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Phone Solicitors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
I get several, well almost MANY charities asking for money in a week, even had a couple call my cell phone.

But I had to draw the line on a charity calling at 10:20 AM on a Sunday morning asking for my tax deductable contribution to their cause.

Wife & I have signed up for every "No Call List" available but evidently these "charities" are exempt. What I really find deplorable is when I say "NO" to their request of $100 donation and continue to decline the $50, $25, and even the $15 and $10, sometimes they still send the envelope for me or my Wife to donate. Even had one argue with me a week ago, "Your Wife ALWAYS donates!", which I know isn't true.

Don't they realize I will remember them sending that envelope and decline again EVERY time they call? Did they really think "NO" meant something other than "NO"?

Dennis-

Why do you even talk to the people? There is so much coruption today that I just quit talking to any caller I don't know or doesn't immediately state the business. I can choose where my money goes as good as the next guy. I'd just let the phone ring and ring or just pick up and put down. The callers rarely leave any message because they can't throw their pitch. Caller ID that shows me a charity gets the pick up, put down. After a few of those they seem to just stop. I realize they may be people just trying to earn a living but aggravating others, especially at odd hours is simply unacceptable to me. MacDonalds is hiring according to the news of our "rising" economy.

Dennis, I think many of us are in the same situation. I donate to the Salvation Army locally, but now they are getting really pushey by soliciting for monthly donations by credit card or checking account...I don't think so. A large international organization sent me a big calculator before christmas and been sending begging letters every 2 weeks...and not for small dollar amounts. Those people that send address labels and note pads...thank you for them. The few people to get my money is the rescue squad, maybe fire/police dept special projects.
As far as your arguments with solicitors, I had one say that a $10 donation woun't even cover the cost of the solictitation for whatever the cause was.
So we watch the caller ID and listen for their message, which usually hangs up. Only people to leave a message is AARP <font size="-2">(I hate gettin old !)</font>

Yeah, it's frustrating, to say the least. My brother taught me an effective way to deal with them. I now tell them I'm too busy right now, but if they give me their home phone number I'll return their call sometime after 9:00pm tonight. If they still don't get it, they hear a "click" when I hang up. I know the people making these calls are just trying to make a living, and most of the charities are a good cause, but come on, man... respect my right to donate to the charity of my choice, not the one who can badger me the longest!

If they send you a pre-posted envelope, you can always return it stuffed with ads or forms you get from other venders/charities, etc.

Hang in there, Denny. As Margaret Atwood wrote in "The Handmaid's Tale" Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, or, “Don’t let the bastards get you down.”

I know people get busy but on a good day when i got the time I can keep one of these people going for 15 or 20 minutes. It's hard to not laugh at what they'll put up with if they think theres money in for them.

I have been using this for years lol. when the phone rings and I have someone wanting my money I press the 0 for a second and then say ( sorry we missed your call , please leave your name and number and I will return your call) I then hang up. They never leave any info lol. works good for me
clappy.gif

What I have are the automated calls,
how in the he** did that computer get my name and phone number in the first place.

Latest posts

Back