• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

No start, Transmission Lever switch?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbengal

displayname
Tim Bengal
Here is an intermittant problem I am having with a 2086. When I want to start the engine, there are times that only a "click" occurs when I turn the key. If I move the transmission lever, then the starter will crank and the engine starts.

I am assuming that there is a switch for the lever that is causing this problem. But I just cannot find it. I know there is a switch for the brake pedal and seat.

Tim, does the engine shut off if you have the PTO on and you go into reverse? The only switch I see (in the schematics and parts lists) on the hydro control lever is the reverse PTO cutout switch.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on September 01, 2005)

Part #7 is the reverse switch.

30467.gif

The schematic might also be helpful.

30468.gif

Attachments

• 30467.gif
    30467.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 30468.gif
    30468.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 30467.gif
    30467.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 30468.gif
    30468.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 157
I can have the PTO on and then go in reverse. The previous owner must had bypassed a switch (would that be the seat switch?). I have bypassed the brake switch, but that was not the solution. I will now look for the lever switch (#7).

Tim, good luck and let us know what you find.

Latest posts

Back