• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New toy

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messary

displayname
mike essary
I think this is where I should post this. Anyhow, I picked this up at an auction a few weeks ago. International LB 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hp engine. cleaned out the mixer and cleaned up the points in the mag, and it fired up. It's in pieces now getting cleaned up. I have to fix a few items and order some parts to make it run right. Then a quick coat of paint. I don't really know what I'll do with it, but I think it's pretty cool.
233891.jpg

I have an uncle with a belt driven corn sheller I may try to con him out of. We'll see. Got to get it fixed up and running reliably first.

It was mentioned on the show that those motors were used just prior to the expansion of the power grid to rural areas. If you didnt see the show, they had a picture of a corn sheller hooked up. A clothes washer was also in use. Being of low horsepower I dont think it drove anything major in size. A few years back some one posted a site that showed various farm items hooked up to 'outboard' drives. If anyone remembers the posting speak up.
whistling.gif

This is a picture of a "Skid mounted" 1 1/2HP McCormick-Deering engine from the 1920's as seen on American Pickers. Did you notice the Cub Cadet sitting in the barn too?
233908.jpg

I have an IHC LA / LB also and a Fairbanks Morse Z type D 2 HP. Mine were used on the families farm to drive the water pump and washing machine mostly. Also have the grindstone wheel that they may have belted at one time.

Back