• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New tools in the shop!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good eyes Grasshopper
happy.gif

I was tryin to cut a scene out of the mpeg but I can't get this program to work, not enough directions! Why wont XP Media Player 11 do screen capture? I get the pic but it's blank when I save it!

Ken, I've had that happen before. It has to do with what the active window is. I forget how I got around it. The same thing happens with WinDVD.

Kendell - On my cheapy blast cabinet the light didn't work because a little cap on the board exploded when I plugged it up soooooo I've got a car head light inside. Low voltage and tough exterior =
happy.gif
happy.gif

I just ordered a 240* 1.250" pipe die for the bender.(expected shipping date 02/06/07) I got the 2x2 x 1/4 wall tube to build the frame with. $84 for the stick! I think I got the stick! ->{Digger can I put my little gif here????}<-

Ken - why didn't you stow a generator on top of that thing to power the drill??
On my cabinet lights, I cut extra pieces of glass to cover the originals (they're small 150 watt quartz halogen yard lights)for safety. They cracked in about the first 15 minutes of use....
stupid.gif

"In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags."

I'll put this here 'cause I know not many people will see it. This is the PTO puller / screw drill guide I started working on. It was 3-jawed with only 1 removeable. It was to have three hardened guides to drill out broken set screws. I made the prototype which took me 3 days on a lathe to cut the contour only to find out that I had cut it to big... and I never could find a solid carbide drill bit the right diameter to include with the tool.
50607.gif

Kendell - I can't hear you with your finger in front of your mouth. Man you don't know where that finger's been!

What year is it??? Good find Ken, I thought all the tool manufacturing here was long gone.

The price shows why it is so hard to find USA products. I know we still make stuff ... so what country are they shipping it to ... oh wait let me guess ... CHINA! They buy or good quality products (that they don't know how to use) to make the CRAP! that they ship back over here for us to buy at wally world ... no wait wally said they sell USA made stuff...no wait again... they took those commercials OFF the boob tube.

Parts Washer's 'n Solvent!
I bought a 20 gallon parts washer from the local Tractor Supply for $99 and 5 gallon of solvent for $38.98. 5 Gallons doesn't bring it up to the pump so I called Advance Auto Parts here to check price to save 40 mile round trip to TS. Advance price $43.98. The ol lady is making a trip out so she told me to check NAPA since she would be close to them. I called ... I fell over ... I recovered ... $120.+ per 5 gallon. She's stopping by Advance!

I was messin with some stuff in the shed today that doesn't have an air supply and I got to thinking about an electric impact.
Anyone have a suggestion on a good dependable one that I'll only have to buy once!
Nothing reall big, I'm only up to lifting 2 pounds weights this week! LOL

Charlie,
If you already have a pile of air tools, would it be worth it to get a portable air compressor you could use in that shed? You could also wheel it to other places you might want to use it. Plus, Kraig could borrow it more easily, and you could strap it to your trailer for Plow Day emergency repairs. You wouldn't have the air volume you'd normally have with a bigger compressor, but it sounds like you'd be using it for limited times. Just a thought.

Bruce,
I've got one for 2 garages, but nothing for the shed, and to be honest, I'm to lazy to drag the compressor out there, an extension cord is easier and lighter.
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back