• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to site need advice on 1572 D

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are thinking of the 1772 which is a diesel, "Big brother to the 1872 which is gas powered.
No problem, I can't seem to keep them all straight any more either :shhhh:

Nice job grozar you did a great job.

Was not me that restored it. A good friend of mine did the work. It is better than new.

It had a lot of problems and he corrected them and did a few updates. Leaking rear, leaking steering column, Adjusted the valves, Glow plug upgrade, CV drive shaft upgrade, and rear braces.It was at his shop for only mechanical fixes and he had it to the frame so I asked him how much extra to paint, he gave me a price so it was done also.

I did not mean to hijack the thread, just trying to show him what they could be with a lot of work.

1119-td4-b01.jpg

1989 model only

Also check the bolts where the rear end mounts to the frame (4 Bolts). Make sure they are tight. Those loosen up over time and cause all kinds of problems.

That applies to ALL 82 series and newer Cubs with the aluminum transaxle. That is one of the first things I check when I buy one.

Great advice I plan on clearing my schedule later this week so I can go check some things on the tractor I’d like to get the tank and filter out to clean and check for rodent damage.

I needed to add the rear end supports from Xtreme as the front aluminum housing was cracked, causing the driveshaft to wear excessively. I also replaced the driveshaft with a CV driveshaft to eliminate the centrifugal clutch in the driveline. Good luck on your project.

Attachments

• Broken Case 2.jpg
    Broken Case 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 132
The 1872 was a Kohler Magnum 18HP, I had a couple of those, great tractors...
You got rid of them!??? OMG! I did the same thing. Sold my 1872 with cab not long into the start of this craziness we are all in now. REALLY wish I hadn't now. They are nice tractors. Personally didn't like the aluminum rear, but that was me. Other than that, nice tractors.

You got rid of them!??? OMG! I did the same thing. Sold my 1872 with cab not long into the start of this craziness we are all in now. REALLY wish I hadn't now. They are nice tractors. Personally didn't like the aluminum rear, but that was me. Other than that, nice tractors.
I agree, I went from an 1862, my first Cub with power steering to the 1872, my first Super and my first experience with the Haban accessories. I really liked the 60 deck, what a tank. I bought a 2284 about ten years ago and still have it.

Finally got her home!! Working on dropping the deck taking it to the car wash for a bath to wash off all the rat poo and oil from leaky hydraulics. While loading the steering wheel stoped turning the front wheels I’m hoping it’s just a shear pin or something trivial like that. I do understand it has full hydraulic steering and that unless it’s powered the steering won’t work very well.

Attachments

• 724C37D0-621A-4DF2-9613-EBFF806A7C9E.jpeg
    724C37D0-621A-4DF2-9613-EBFF806A7C9E.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
Congrats! You definitely got the better end of the deal, even with getting the engine to run and the steering figured out. In addition to the filters in the engine compartment, you will need to verify that the tank is clean, and that you are getting good flow to your filters. After this time, ALL new rubber hoses are pretty much mandatory.

Personally didn't like the aluminum rear, but that was me. Other than that, nice tractors.

Was that due to weight, or a strength issue? The ring gear and axles in the alum rear are BETTER than the coarse spline IH axles. Fortunately, the best of both worlds can be had with some effort by installing the fine spline shafts and ring gear in the iron housing.

MY I CUT IN? NEW TO THE SITE. I JUST BOUGHT A CCC 1872, $975.00 VERY CLEAN AND NO PROBLEMS, I WOULD LIKE TO START MY OWN THREAD FOR THE CAST IRON REAR TRANSAXEL CONVERSION. ANY HELP TO START A NEW THREAD THANKS MARK.

Back