• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to me model 2 tiller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wheeler

I just picked this up today and haven’t had time to deep dive it yet. Got it all for $200! I already have a 1450. Any pointers on the tiller would be appreciated. Also, does this mean I have a sleeve hitch now? Or is that part of the tiller assembly? Will it run off the same mule drive as my deck and blower? This one is pretty mangled up.

Attachments

• IMG_5426.jpeg
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5427.jpeg
    IMG_5427.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I just picked this up today and haven’t had time to deep dive it yet. Got it all for $200! I already have a 1450. Any pointers on the tiller would be appreciated. Also, does this mean I have a sleeve hitch now? Or is that part of the tiller assembly? Will it run off the same mule drive as my deck and blower? This one is pretty mangled up.
Kinda hard to see, but it looks like you have an extended sleeve hitch adapter that lets you keep the tiller gearbox on all the time so you can use other attachments without removing the gearbox.

You will need the mule drive meant for the tiller.
Hopefully it, including the looong drive belt, is on the rig as pictured.
The tiller mounting has nothing to do with a sleeve hitch.

Sounds like a good deal and it includes the important belt guard.
Tillers are a PITA to mount and dismount.
My 1650 mounts one year round.

Great price, I have a #2 tiller on a 1000 and it is HEAVY to lift, so I am rebuilding a 1450 with hydraulic lift.

You definitely need the mule drive for the tiller, and hopefully the guards came with your tiller. You will also need the three pt hitch. I do not know if it would be helpful to you, I could upload pictures of mine it is still on the 1000

Thanks

Great price, I have a #2 tiller on a 1000 and it is HEAVY to lift, so I am rebuilding a 1450 with hydraulic lift.

You definitely need the mule drive for the tiller, and hopefully the guards came with your tiller. You will also need the three pt hitch. I do not know if it would be helpful to you, I could upload pictures of mine it is still on the 1000

Thanks
If it’s already mounted on the tractor, doesn’t that mean it already has the three point on it?

Latest posts

Back