• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New member today! need 782D advice

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mames

displayname
Mark Ames
Hello everyone I currently own a Cub cadet 55 and a 1650, I am looking at purchaseing a 782D diesel tractor. I live in central North Dakota and am looking at useing this for mowing and in the winter snow blowing. I previously tried this with my 1650 but it almost always would not start in the cold, even when kept inside a garage usually the coldest it would get was 20 degrees it is insulated and I only use my heater when Im working there. Is there a way to attach a block heater? Also I have not looked at the tractor yet but I assume it is liquid cooled can a coolant heater be attached to the coolant lines? Also any advice on what to look for on this type of tractor are there any common problems.

Welcome to the forum! The 782D is liquid cooled. You can add a small inline coolant heater to the lower radiator hose, or put a freeze plug heater into the head. I had a 1512 (later version of the same tractor) with the hose heater and it worked great.

Be ready to replace the glow plugs and work on the wiring a bit. There are a lot of wiring improvements that can be made. These eat driveshafts, so you'll probably have to replace most of that as well. There are a lot of wiring improvements that can be made.

You will love blowing snow with it... I've had my snowthrower on a 1450, 1512, and 782, and I liked the 1512 best.

BTW, the 782D is most definitely not a lawn tractor...put further queries in the CCC/MTD Garden Tractor Forum...

Those Kubota's are (from my experience) are cold blooded. I'd look for the block heater or even one of the magnetic oil pan heaters would really help you out. Also get a GOOD battery!

The 782D is indeed a CCC/MTD Garden tractor. It was only sold by IH after the sale. Please post any questions/comments concerning your 782D in the CCC/MTD Garden Tractor pages. Also, don't forget to implment CC Service Bulletin #106!!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Back