• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New and Confused

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tboucher

displayname
tony boucher
Howdy;

I have just purchased the enclosed tractor, and cannot find any information on it anywhere. It says it is an "International 16/44", and it has a 16 HP Briggs and Stratton engine.
74621.jpg

Tony, I could use a few more pictures going around the tractor but from the one picture it looks like an Agway GT16/44 I have with hydro trans, circa '84. The one I have is made by MTD. I hope we're not exiled for this. It's a bigger crime having the "M" word on a IH topic than having a IH on the "MTD/ CCC" page. Or, maybe I'm wrong and it really is an IH. Marshall

Thanks, Marshall. I kind of thought that too (I grew up in upstate NY and Montreal, and Agway was everywhere), but the lights and shift levers are wrong. Either it's some kind of Frankenstein, or...who knows what? It runs like a champ, but I need to find wheel weights and chains for it.

I will take and post more pictures in daylight tomorrow. I hope it's not construed as sacreligious.

I believe I have found the answer - there is yellow paint under the red, and it is a dead ringer for a "Dayton 1644".

Boy some guys will do anything to have a red cub cadet.
err.gif
Hey if runs good what the heck. Did it come with the front blade... bonus.

It did come with the front blade, which is why I thought it was such a good deal for $300.00.

Latest posts

Back