• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Never understimate the usefulness of a loader

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
243094.jpg

O.K. Lucy may not be IH built, but I'll put her up against any IH tractor available. Today we hauled ledge to upgrade our (ATV) woodlot trails, drank beer, (she prefers diesel fuel) and thought about many things. One of those things was opening a thread here about loaders and their usefulness. In all due honesty, I'm very proud of what Lucy has helped me do over the past 10 years or so, but sometimes I'd like to have a smaller loader tractor.
So: What's the chance of you guys {Don T. take notice) using this thread to show us what you do with your CC/Loader? ;0
P.S. This could also become a thread for "Hey, Honey, look what I could do if I had one of these!"
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank, I would love to have a Cub Cadet compact utility with loader. I have to make due with my AC-620 and once in a while if I need something bigger I borrow the big JD from my mom.

243111.jpg

243112.jpg

A loader is great for landscaping as in moving large rocks.

243113.jpg

They can be useful for intimidating those you are following at a Plow Day.
cubwinker.gif

243114.jpg

Or for pushing large piles of brush and snow.

I have a line on a Woods loader that was mounted on a 1250 what would a price range be for one that works and is in used condition with a everything needed to mount and run??

I have a Cub Cadet / Yanmar Sc2450 since Feb. 2011. That has the backhoe as well as the loader. It's used mostly for a cemetery restoration project that our historical group took on in 2008; unfortunately, many of the members are no longer active. While I didn't count the number of tombstones (including some Revolutionay War veterans), etc. that need attention, we have completed 200+ and likely have around 750 to go. Anyway, the Sc2450 is a good size to get around in tight spots and while weighing about 1 ton, has wide enough tires so as not to mark the ground if it's wet. Also, use a CC 149 to tow the tool trailer.

Wayne:
thumbsup_old.gif

Jeff: I'm thinking $600 - $1,000 and still needing labor and the "always something".
happy.gif

Sometimes neighbors move away and give you their picnic table:
244075.jpg
happy.gif

still trying to get to meet up with the guy, but it's sitting in a barn and know one else knows about it

Frank we need a picture of that table being used now
beerchug.gif

Not to tell tales out of school, but this 149 is on NH Craigslist. I've seen pics of loader tractors plowing ground, but first 149/loader I've seen with a mowing deck.
244446.jpg
happy.gif

So many pics, so little camera battery.
bash.gif

249258.jpg

Got the engine out of the 169 this afternoon and it's outside chained to Lucy's bucket waiting to see what happens next. Best way I've found to get at those 2 bolts over the axle!
happy.gif

Nic:
260887.jpg

So many comments - so little focus on the loader!
happy.gif

129 loaders are great. I use mine ever chance I get.

260891.jpg

Picture taken last December.

Speaking of wheel weights - what do you guys think a realistic weight for your run of the mill Cub. Recently passed on a set of 75# weights thinking that might be a push.

Speaking of wheel weights, what do you folks think is a realistic limit for your run of the mill Cub. Recently passed on a set of 75 pounders thinking that might be a push. Thanks and I too am VERY jealous of all those cool loaders.

Just for argument's sake, I think you'd have to factor in the weight of the operator.
happy.gif

For looks sake, I think a pair of 25#ers inside and outside would be good, but not sure of the insiders with external brakes.
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Terry D.
Mine is run of the mill.
90 lb. starter weights on the inside of the wheel, with 3- 54 pounders on the landside and one on the furrow side.
260909.jpg

Now if your talking loader tractors.
I ended up with 1140 pounds on the 1450 when I finally ran out of room, LOL
260911.jpg

Latest posts

Back