• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Need help with Cadet 76 drive system

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaudenmier

displayname
Tony Staudenmier
i just got a cadet 76 it was completely torn apart when i got it i have it just about back together but im stuck on the belt drive system if some one has or can get a few good pictures of the whole under side i would be very grateful. thank you in advance.

Tony, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Although the belt routing isn't in the service manual it might be helpful so here's a link to it: Model 76 Service Manual

The Parts Lookup, see link at the top of the page, has helpful exploded views and parts listings. Here's the drive belt drawing and an excerpt from the parts list:

314615.jpg

314616.jpg

thank you i have that drawing already but i just need a picture of the mower so i can get a real visual

i was able to get the pulleys in place but i need to see how and were all the sprigs and linkages are.

Tony, I might be able to take some photos of my 76 this evening. It's buried in my shed and I'm not certain I can get in a position to get photos of the underside so I can't promise photos but I'll try.

anything will help right now. do you have a mower deck for yours my other issue is the pulley for the deck drive the two i got with the mower are to long for the shaft i dont know if i am missing a spacer or something.

Tony, yes I have a mower deck on it. Mine is the Spirit Of 76 version, same as a regular 76 just special paint and decals.

314640.jpg

Tony, I did a quick search of the forum to see what I could find. I found this that might be helpful.

Link

yes that helps a lot thank you i tried looking for other stuff about it didnt see that one.

on you pulley for the mower deck is there a shaft extension for it mine only goes on the motor about an inch maybe 2. or is there just the bolt that holds it all together.

Tony, having never had mine apart I can't say for sure how it goes together and is held on.
dunno.gif

Tony, I was able to get some photos. Hopefully these help. I can try to get more if you need something more specific. I just stuck the camera under it and started snapping away. These are the best out of the batch I took.

314655.jpg

314656.jpg

314657.jpg

314658.jpg

314659.jpg

Ok well it was going good is there any way you can get a pic of the pto linkage under the dash I thought I had it but it just keeps popping back no matter were the lever is at.

Tony, sorry for the late response.

PTO Engaged:

314744.jpg

PTO Dis-Engaged:

314745.jpg

Tony, glad I'm able to help. As I mentioned previously, the Parts Lookup link at the top of the page is very helpful as you can access exploded views and parts lists.

314763.jpg

314764.jpg

Thank you Tony and Kraig for the pictures! I recently picked up a decent model 111 Cadet lawn tractor, and was having difficulty remembering how the idler pulley went on, so I could engage the mower deck. Gonna run back out to the cubby shop and try this out!

Back