• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My RANT!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie: Frank & I are trying to get the attention of Kentucky Ken, I think Kraig "got it."
smile.gif

Usually, even the utterance of the phrase "JB Weld" will do the trick.... Hmmm. This is serious... Out with the big guns
war.gif

Decided to put this here,

My daughter went out to her chicken coop this morning and found the nieghbors malamute dog in there with what looked like a killing field.

In all 30 chickens dead including 2 grand champions and several other reserve and standard champions.

I called the sheriff and animal control because of course the dog does not have tags or anyting.

We have had trouble with his ir-sponsability of his dogs in the past.

it sounds like he is going to reimburse me for them at $15 a piece but it still dosnt make my daughter feel better after seeing that.

Dang, Jeff!!
I hope your daughter is OK...

we had a similar incident 25 years go with the neighbors 2 husky/malimute/wolf type dogs eating our cat...

jeff l baker

I had a problem with a dog from next door and his owner .Seems the dog liked to poop on my back deck .
guy said can you prove it was my dog? I said I will. got me one of those paint guns a waited and well those guns will really load a big dog full of green paint.I know it did sting some from 3' away till he was 100' away . owner called the police on me and dog control people to get me in trouble. But I knew the paint was vegetable based and not toxic and the dog control and the cop just laughed
and told him to keep his dog home.I allways give the neighbour a big smile when I see him.to bad the dog had to get painted and not his owner.
old.gif

Too bad your daughter had to see what must have been very upsetting for her.

Jeff, sorry to hear about that.
sad.gif
My condolences to you and your daughter.

Don Thanks,,, You crack me up, anytime someones second sentenance is "Seems the dog liked to poop on my back deck "

You know it's going to be a good story

Thanks You to all and I will tell her you all said sorry

Tom its good to have a wise wife for times like this

Jeff-

Sorry to hear of the loss and especially for your daughters witnessing things. That's got to be the worst part.

It's a shame Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson weren't there to greet the dog. I guess that could be just as upsetting for your daughter though. Do you know what measures the neighbor is taking to prevent this from happening again?

Perhaps this will make her a little stronger in taking on what life dishes out.

You have an incubator don't you??? Time to get started up again.

Don-

You have a strange but sure way of handling things. In your case I'd have looked for some epoxy paint balls.

Jeff,
Good point on the wife thing. She's kept me out of hot water more than once.

Wayne,
"Perhaps this will make her a little stronger in taking on what life dishes out", sad way to learn but true.

Tom , Wayne

I have the answer now if the dog ever comes back lol. owner of the dog thought I should not get upset by some poop on my back deck. I hauled a two year old load of chicken poop home and a fresh load. If his dog does it again I will fill the bucket on my loader and set that on his front step and see how he deals with that. I moved some of the poop with my loader last week and put my loader back into my shop without cleaning the buck out with the pressure washer. What a smell I had in my shop the next morning .I hope his dog does come back so I can give him a message he won`t forget lol. He has no friends on this street , seems he is always playing with truck with no exhaust reeving the engine all day long on week ends. some one dumped a pile of fill in his drive last year and that was not me ,it did make me smile seeing him move it the next morning lol.

( he has a paved drive
clappy.gif
)

Jeff B, so so sorry to hear what your daughter came upon.. how dreadful a thing to experience..and her prized chickens at that. I feel so sad for her....sigh. I hope the neighbors dog is now ordered to be tied up? He should have to pay a hefty fine as well.!! did he apologize to your daughter.? that was in order too..well paying you what the chickens are worth doesn't really cut it, does it.!! its not the monetary value but what the work and dedication your daughter has given of herself to those chickens is what its all about and that is priceless.!!

angel.gif
Cathleen

Not so much of a rant, just a bit of something that's aggravating me. Hurricane Katrina: forewarning, big news coverage. Hurricane, then Superstorm Sandy: forewarning, big news coverage. Tornado wipes out half of Joplin Missouri: minimal forewarning, some news coverage, no complaining (from what I saw) from the people that got hit.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Well the nieghbor came over and sincerly appoligized and made a half payment for the value of the chickens. My daughter is understanding of the accident and relizes she is part to blame due to forgetting to latch the door.

Kudos to your daughter, Jeff, for acknowledging that she forgot to latch the door. A lot of people, young and old, won't admit such things. You should be proud of her, especially after such a traumatic incident. Hopefully your neighbor will come through with the rest of the payment. Something good usually comes from bad things - in this case you get to see your daughter demonstrate a level of maturity that many adults lack in emotional situations. This has all the indications of good parenting!

Greg thank you, I am believe your correct it's easeir to blame someone else and she didn't.

Jeff~ I agree with what Greg L said, about your daughter owning up to not latching the door. A huge life lesson learned. The painful lessons usually carry the greatest of wisdom in the end. We just wish at times our kids didnt' have to go thru the pains of these lessons but they do. Her ownership shows great maturity.

Frank, I almost did a rant last week about what you brought up with the storms and the comparisons. I certainly agree with you about there being a lack of coverage or concern with other super storms that have hit our country. One thing you don't ever hear much about are the wildfires, and the devastation they bring BUT we did hear about the 200 homes that were lost in that one community that was sparked by Sandy's fury. I dont see why those 200 homes got more recognition then the hundreds of homes that are lost to fire,tornado's, etc.?? Is it because it was an affluent neighborhood? One would hate to think that, but it made me feel that way. I feel the news coverage is biased. Yes, this superstorm/hurricane Sandy defied our senses and the wrath that came with it. Yet, I'm not sure that the pain and suffering is greater in measure for those who survived Sandy, then the victims of Katrina, Joplin or those even in Parkersburg Iowa who lost loved ones and their homes and livelihoods a few years ago.

angel.gif
Cathleen

I agree with what Greg says Jeff and your daughter definitely did the right thing owning up BUT that guy needs to pay the full price. The dog had no right being there. And you watch, he will try and not pay I'd bet. Your daughter may be at blame to a point but she did nothing wrong...she simply forgot to latch the darn gate. I see it as her being completely punished and the dog owner just half punished. Is there a leash law in your area? If so then he is totally at blame in my book. If he refuses paying then I have three words for you...small claims court; he wouldn't have a chance. I know you don't want to be "the bad neighbor" but you could probably just give him a call and say those three words and he'll beat a path to your door within minutes...cash in hand.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Latest posts

Back