• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My NEW 782D

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Charlie,

Any updates on the project here. Haven't heard any thing in a while, maybe the new truck is sucking up all your time now?
lol.gif

CCS is "sucking up" all his time ! Poor guy had to hire somebody just to sleep and eat for him.
biggrin.gif

Charlie/Myron/Roland-

Remember back when I had my 782D apart to fix the driveshaft, and I told you guys that my front coupler on my driveshaft was NOT one piece? When I did the 1512 today, I took a picture of the 2-piece unit like you guys wanted last time.

83795.jpg

I think my charging system has some issues on my 782D. The ammeter only shows a decent charge at WOT, and when I turn the PTO on, I get a big discharge until I rev it back up to WOT, where it has a very slight charge. I really think the charging system should perform better. The 1512 I have (had) charged even at idle, but it would still bring the needle slightly to the discharge side when I turned the lights on. Is there anything I can check with the alternator and the regulator before I buy any new parts?

I have cleaned all the grounds and many connectors and terminals on the wiring harness and electrical components. It would barely crank over until I fixed that. Someone put star washers between the chassis and the terminals. When the $#%! star washer corrodes, no more ground. I have fixed all of those that I could find. I'm still not happy with the way it charges though.

Matt: I have to ask...Does your 782D have that second (additional) battery-to-block ground cable installed IAW Service Bulletin #106??..If not, I can send you a Copy of 106.

Myron B

Myron-

Not yet...I couldn't remember where on the engine it was supposed to attach. If you could send that to me, it'd be great. How long of a cable do I need? I'll get one when I pick up some dielectric grease. Thanks!

Matt: I'd just buy an automotive starter cable about 22 inches or so. You will likely have to modify the battery hold down so that slot for the ground cable is wide enough for two cables...

You have a Hi-Res by email but here is the bulletin for anyone else reading this thread.

Myron B
84270.jpg

Myron-

Thanks! My battery hold-down consists of a piece of plastic strap. Don't worry, I have those little rubber covers over the battery terminals. I'll get the additional cable and let you know if that fixes anything.

Hey Matt,

Just though I would tell you that my 1512D doesn't charge well when the PTO is engaged either and I have the extra ground strap. My needle gets back on the charge side at about 3/4 throttle.

Now a little rant since I see your are working on your drive line. I just went an bought a new rear coupler, you know the cast peice that the rag joint bolts too, the one on the pump. I knew it was expensive the last time I looked at replacing it (but didn't because I thought I could milk it a bit longer), well just that one part was $105.00 bucks today! Then stupid me doesn't check to see that it doesn't come with the brass ball insert, which is another $20.00 (and a trip back to the store).

There's no $100 dollars of iron there, I'm sorry, that's a plain old rip off.

Sorry to hijack, bad day in CCC land.

K

Matt K.-

You're going to hate me for this, but the QL rear coupler is the same and is $35. That's what I used on mine.

Matt:

Your kidding, it's really the same? I mean there's not some small differences?

If that's true I'm not sure what to think about CC right now...

Matt K. Why dont you go to the the Cub Parts Lookup and see if they are the same part # ??
If you start an order, the site will give you CCC selling price, just empty the cart or cancel and your done.

Allen,

I did look, different part numbers, but Matt G is right, a QL coupler is $30 bucks.

I also checked out some other cub, like a regular 782 gas, and it shares the same $100 dollar coupler as the Diesel.

Somethings has to be different, but I'm not sure it's $70 dollars different though...

I needed to replace the coupler on my 782 and I ordered a 1650 coupler for 30.00 bucks. Still works great.

I'm posting these for MELODY SCHUTZ
happy.gif
ihrotate.gif
. She sent them to me a little over a week ago. She is now a member of the Smoker's Club. Congratulations Melody!!!
beerchug.gif

Melody's 782D and snowblower.

229512.jpg

229513.jpg

Melody's been very busy helping her employer preparing for the hurricane. Even Fancy says, "Cubgratulations, Melody!!!"
229514.gif

Latest posts

Back