• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

my 782 video walk around

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job on the refurbishment of your 782 and the video. Nice yard too with that stream.

For thirty years I did training all over USA....My accent was always a point of ammusment. I used to tell folks, I was born 15 miles from Plymouth Rock.....I don't have an accent...All you folks do! I used this slide to start off my presentations.....

caa00dbf48b814e7dccc0ec6225dea00.jpg

Ba Ba....:roflol:

I was at work, talking on the phone to a brokerage firm once and the guy said " you're from Pennsylvania, aren't you?... I can tell by the way you talk".
I was dumbfounded as I didn't think I spoke different then the majority of everyone else...

But yeah, Boston area is unmistakeable. 😁

When I did seminars in Texas I used to tell the few hundred Texans this..." I know why John Kennedy picked LBJ.....He needed a darn interpreter to understand what the hell you Texans were saying!"

For work, I talk to people from all across the country. There are many, very recognizable accent. I’m sure most know of at least part of them. You have the regional accents, like “Southern” which isn’t just 1 trust me.... not everyone from “down South” has the same accent... Then there is Chi-ka-go.... and New York, Boston area.... Texas.... there are a bunch out there....

I don't travel much but once in a while somebody will comment on my Minne-soh-tah accent. It's not near as strong as the accents in the movie Fargo though :LOL:

Question on the 782 - there is a switch for the regulator to charge the battery. When would you want to be able to control that? I had never thought about switching it. Perhaps to eliminate any parasitic drain during storage?

Great looking tractor! My first ever Cub experiences were on my Grandpa's 782 (Yellow though). I had no idea when purchasing my 107 how much older it was than his, but I'm quite pleased with my purchase! I would still like to get ahold of a 782 some day, perhaps even the somewhat elusive/expensive Diesel variant..

Question on the 782 - there is a switch for the regulator to charge the battery. When would you want to be able to control that? I had never thought about switching it. Perhaps to eliminate any parasitic drain during storage?

There is no reason what so ever to control the regulator....I had an additional switch and I used it for this function....But it is nice to turn on the voltage gauge and then turn on the regulator and see the voltage go from 12.5V to 14+ volts. It shows you the regulator is indeed working.......

There is no reason what so ever to control the regulator....I had an additional switch and I used it for this function....But it is nice to turn on the voltage gauge and then turn on the regulator and see the voltage go from 12.5V to 14+ volts. It shows you the regulator is indeed working.......
Makes sense! I can see it being nice to see the gauge jump as well! The gauge on my 107 just bounces between D and C constantly due to vibration, though maybe if the charging system failed it would favor "D" :unsure:

The most understood accent for all is from folks in Iowa! Many new fast food drive up windows are using a service, based in Iowa, when you place your order into the microphone at the drive thru, you are really speaking to someone in Iowa......They then send the order to the terminal in the fast food joint you are attending. With the use of many English Second Language employees, it has become important that the customer understand the employee and visa versa.......

Born and raised in So'eastern mass. Back in the very early 2000's I took a job in southern New Mexico. My crew there literally couldn't understand what I saying! I had to slowly pronounce each word separately! It really became comical some times. :scratchhead:

Launching my boat tomorrow and dealing with it on Sunday....we could connect next week. I’m retired so every day is a vacation day....

Launching my boat tomorrow and dealing with it on Sunday....we could connect next week. I’m retired so every day is a vacation day....

Sounds like fun. I'm working on a modified schedule, 4 10 hour days, Sunday to Wednesday. I'd be happy to have you come over.

Back