• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 71 refurbished!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jude, great progress!
greenthumb.gif

Thanks Marlin for the headsup!! and the compliment!

Thanks to you also Kraig! I do enjoy working on these old cubs!!

Well, it's 99% done now. Just have to put dump lever and front bumper on tomorrow and I'll be able to put Hydra fluid in it and fire it up! I'm hoping all the new gaskets & o-rings don't leak. Picked up new pivot bar for bucket today and all the other goodies I needed to finish. Only thing I have to deal with yet is the cross tie and I'll have that made soon.

228967.jpg

228968.jpg

228969.jpg

228970.jpg

228971.jpg

That little outfit is almost too nice looking to be used. Great job!!!

Thanks again guys!! Now for some time in the sun! She's working perfectly, at first when I started it up it took a few seconds for the hydraulics to start working. When it did it started gulping the fluid, then I realized it was spewing it onto the floor! Had a loose fitting on the control valve that I snugged up quickly and all is good now. Just need the decals, will have a file folder of the decals for future replication. So So nice to be done, now onto the O'...

And Marlin, she's way to nice to put back to work, maybe someday, a barn queen she'll be for a while!!

229001.jpg

229002.jpg

229003.jpg

229004.jpg

229005.jpg

229006.jpg

Jude Sminkey

Be happy! that is a fine tractor and a great rebuild you did. I must get at my 125 this fall and geterdone also. Thanks for doing the work to bring that tractor back to life!
animatedihbear.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks Melody, Donald and Kraig!!

Was quite an experience getting this 71/loader in the current condition it is! I've learned a crapload about cubs since I got hooked last year in June with an O'. My first tractor show will be next Saturday and I'll be taking the 71 with me. Getting excited to "show" it off
Shift.gif

229149.jpg

Jude--that thing turned out awesome! If you ever decide to use it, keep the camera handy and document it. I wouldn't blame you if you always kept it in the current condition. When they turn out that "purdy" its hard to put them to work. Scratches, nicks, dings are sure to follow no matter how careful you are. Once again-Great Job!!!

Jude-

That is a nice loader. You done good. Now that it's pretty and all painted I'd work the dog mess out of it. I'd go ahead and use it for what I needed then in another 10 years or so I'd do another refurb. These machines aren't happy just sitting around looking good...they need to work. If you want a nice cub to just look at I'd get another without any attachments and do a refurb on it. Loaders are too valuable in the working world.

Thanks Luther, Joshua & Wayne!!

Joshua, It will only be scooping air cause where I live now has full property maintenance. I'll try to keep it scratch free as long as possible
bouncy.gif

Wayne, no worries, I've got a 70 w/Danco RD1025 on it coming in the near future and that may possibly get used after it's resto!!

I'm heading off to my first tractor show tomorrow and taking the 71
Shift.gif

Also cut 2" off of the dump lever I made, was sticking up too high. Looks more appropriate now.

229499.jpg

229500.jpg

Jude--make sure you post some pics of it at its first show and maybe a favorite comment or two that you received concerning it!

Looks really good! Cant wait to get my 100 done and lookin good. you mentioned rattle cans,I'm usin the same thing to paint mine. I went with krylon "old equipment yellow" its a real close match that I could find. Its a lil under 6 bucks a can. I've never used a gun to paint with,I got a 60 gal compresser. Maybe on the next cub I do I'll pick up a gun and practice a lil bit and then do it the right way. You mentioned 6 cans for $35.. Is that the total number of ans you used on it? I was just wondering. Between primer & paint I counted 19 cans so far and I'm not even close. But I did strip it down to bare steel. I havent painted a whole lot but it seems like any kinda yellow is a lil tougher to get a good finish on. lol Oh well, Just wanted to tell you it looks really good cant wait to see other cubs your going to redo.

Back