• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 1512D for dog rebuild

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone out there in Cub land ,lol tell me how to wire in the regulator. I don`t want to get it wrong as its $125.00 and the new one will be picked up next week. The plug is MLA and the alt came with a plug that can be made up . I just need to see how it all goes togethere .Thanks Don T
180762.jpg

Well I did a few things today. got the exaust flage repaired (broken bolts removed) and the fan shaft has new bearings and is ready to install. Now I wait for the drive shaft to get here. Later Don T ( I got to find a colour code and wiring diagram) for the 1512 D later Don T
180765.jpg

Hey, Don: CubFaqs has a wiring diagram for a 782D.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Frank,but I will need better glasses to read the wire colour. But it did have the info I needed to install the rect next week. Thanks again

beer2.gif
beerchug.gif

Good news. Today the drive shaft was shipped and a hydro pump shaft. I must wait and take the wife with me tomorrow afternoon and get the rest of the parts for my 11512 (lol just for you Frank LOL). I did nit my fingers and stopped beating on the fenders. Just wish I was were all them Tractor parts are. well I would just buy a good set. lol
A slip spline will be added to the drive shaft as soon as it gets here. Have a great cub Day. Later Don T

I have bought material for the drive shaft to make a slip spline. This was used on an oil truck as a shaft for the pump running off the pto to the pump for pumping oil to fill your furnace oil tank. I think this will work great on my Cv drive shaft to let the diesel move and still have a straight shaft at any lenght. I will drill throught each of the three sides into the 5/8 shaft and weld this together with 2.5" for shaft movement. $5.00 at the local truck shop.
180997.jpg

Have all the Kubota parts except the glow plugs. seems the other parts guy sold mine. so when they come in they will ship for free to me. I wonder what a new starter is for the 1512. I will have to see if I can do that mod now and get it over with lol.later Don T

Thanks Charlie for removing the extra 1 , now Frank C will be happy lol
clappy.gif

I'm happier, but what about the "D"? I just took a tour through Aaron's Xtreme Motorworks and he sells a Hi Torque starter for a 782D. Same, same as a 1512D?

Frank I looked also , But he don`t list a price ! and i would say that new starter would be better
bought here and no shipping. Thanks but I will look and see what I should buy to replace the starter here. The new glow plugs will be here buy Friaday so I will have everything ready to install. I will have this running soon.might put a snow plow on it and see what it can do. Later Don T

Had a friend show up here today! he said Don paint that tractor so you can rebuild mine after xmas.I feed him a
beerchug.gif
and sent him home. lol I had a plan and i`an stickin to it lol. but I have to admit I would like to paint it. Yellow and white cause it was built that way .after i get snow tires on the wifes car in the AM i will put the 1512 back together. Later Don T

Don,
I've been lurking watching the pictures. Looks good so far. Keep up the pace your heading in the right direction. Can't wait to see that diesel between the frame rails.

Had to put this back in to check driveshaft length. Since the rear is apart for the cork gasket and redrilling for the new shaft bracket on the pump. It purrs I think lol
181090.jpg

Sounds good from here! (Especially the almost inaudible little giggle in the background).
angel.gif

morning all, I think I will change out the thermostat and install the new glow plugs when they get here. I think i`ll put all the tin back on the tractor and see what works and need repair. Then i`ll take it all apart again and blow some paint on it. Hood bling and a steering cap are in the mail now. I won`t be putting on the trailer bracket on the alum rear end, I want to install a plate to bolt to the frame and cover the rear end. I will install a hitch like on my Ram with a square 2" and another piece inside that so a pin can be used to remove whatever was used for towing ect.I have 4 new turfs here and will install them,I must find out what kind of lift bar will work for my hitch as the 149 will donate it to the 1512D. I now can measure the lengths of line needed for the front and rear hyd lines so I will have blade angle and the rear ports will dump my trailer.I do like the tool chest for behind the rear fenders and will have one made up later after everything else is squared away. This will be my most used tractor I think. later Don T

Latest posts

Back