• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan had to remind me which button to push the turn the post right side up.
clappy.gif

I Can stop .Wile you Charlie was haveing such a good time pickin . Weres my parts lol.
wedgie.gif
. I do have lots to do and I did sand a rim today and put http://www.picklex20.com/ on it and primed . now I`ll sand again , hate sanding ! My hands cramp and its terible on the cobwebs .

220371.jpg

I made some head way today. Sprayed some paint on the 125 wheels and the 100 wheel. My wife called and said some parts arrived today from CCS so I will be able to start putting the 125 back together soon

220483.jpg

Well the 125 rear end is now ready to go back into the 125. I cleaned and installed a new filter and put the cover on.The trunnion is all new springs and washers. Now the drive shaft will see a new flex disk. Now I can move on and put the 12 K back together. Later Don T
221021.jpg

New tires are in and will get installed soon ,I bought tru powers for the 125
old.gif

Don --I noticed you took special care to repair the trunnion and its spring. What are the symtoms of a worn trunnion and why is it important to have it working correctly?

Also, do you know if all the hydrostatic transaxles come equipped with trunnion & spring?

I'm wondering if I need to check the operation of my 782.

Jeremiah, yes all <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet hydros have the springs in the trunion and yes all should be inspected for wear. The FAQ has info on the symptoms of a worn trunion and info on how to repair it.

FAQ # 14

FAQ # 14A

FAQ # 14B

FAQ # 14C

I had a few set backs this week as my byline says lol. I sanded two rims for my 125 and one rim for my 100 .I did sand and us a sealer on all three rims and had paint issue with them.Orange peel looking.I think a worker don`t have to be accepted by the Correct Police,.
221404.jpg

but this will work for a worker lol.
221405.jpg

Not to bad a day here today. I did get the 125 steering column taken apart and all new parts.
Some paint and can be installed when ready for it.
221672.jpg

Don T
I almost always leave the rim prep as my last step in restoring my Cubs. Only because I really don't like doing it. I now have them media blasted after I've removed some of the paint chemically. Since I pay my blaster by the hour, having as much paint removed or thinned saves me $$. Rims are just not on my list of fun things to do
angry.gif
I think your worker will look just fine.
I remember preparing a set of rims (strip, blast, prime and paint) only to realize one had the air nozzle on the inside or the rim and the other was on the outside
1a_scratchhead.gif
That's a real pain when the Cub had external brakes.

talk of broken knuckles on large hands working on NF's!)
I`am in no hurry with 16" of snow everywhere to run this 125.I did today adjust the valves 9 and 18 and checked end gap on the rings.I`am 17 so on I move to the install of the rings.

221900.jpg

221901.jpg

Slooowly I will geterdone !
old.gif

I have been having a few roundtoit days lol.But I did get the tires for the 125 installed, I have 23 x 8.5 x 12 Tru powers ready to bolt on.Another step to a big smile.

221997.jpg

Donald-going through your resto here and wondering if you've done anything on it since you got the rear rims and tires together?

DonT - Since Josh brought this thread up to the top I finally seen it.
I see that back in February you painted your wheels and said they orange peeled. Since that's a bad time of year to paint my question is ... was the wheels real good and warm ?
A lot of times orange peel is caused by the metal being to cold.
A buddy of mine that grew up in his dad's body shop and I did body work / prep / paint on his brother's Heavy Chevy Chevelle and he sprayed it outside when the weather was still cool and it peeled. We had to strip it again and painted it inside the next time and it layed flat.

Those Tru Powers look good !

Back in late 1993, I had a "custom-made" tool box fabricated at a local eastern Iowa welding shop. I'd just started working at Lennox in Marshalltown and needed it for that. It was cold, snow on the ground, right at O* and I bought two quarts of Rustoleum Flat Blue and sprayed it in the granary/shop. No heat what-so-ever. Four coats on a Saturday and then loaded it on a Monday morning to take to M'town, still somewhat tacky, however no finger or glove prints ever showed up. It literally didn't see any heat until the inside of the plant. No peeling or anything. The paint was just as good as ever even up until the day that the soon to be ex's boyfriend loaded it up and took it to his place. Our kids were storing it for me when I didn't have a place to store after leaving Lennox. He didn't have any use for it, just took it.

I agree, those tru powers do look really good. I can't wait to get some for my tractors. One of these days...

Paint does some weird stuff at times. I know that the type of paint I used on my touch up on the Cub-Kub said to recoat within four hours otherwise you must wait for 36 or crackling, peeling, or bubbling would be possible. In my classic hurry up fashion, i didn't read that until I was painting the second coat and trying to figure out why the paint was crackling. It made the first coat all weird looking and I had to sand and repaint it.
facepalm.gif

Live and learn.

I have decided to put the 125 back together.I will do some touch up paint but not a full restore. My body just won`t let me do a proper job like I should. Yesterday I installed the power angle kit on my 1512 diesel for the snow blade. I just have to bleed the lines some ,I think it will work then.

233928.jpg

since rain is all we are getting I`am in no hurry to finish bleeding the lines and cylinder.

233929.jpg

I have done all the repairs , trunnion new parts ,new fluid after the flush and fluid and filter,I have reburbed the steering box with all new parts also.

233930.jpg

So I think I will install the rear end and a new flex coupling and set in on it`s tires so I can move it around. I will be out here in the shop after New Years most days plugging along on the 125. I do have my 1961 Original ready for paint with all the small things repaired. I just have the clutch to refurb on it. Here goes .
old.gif

Don T, Can't wait to see it finished. I love my 125. All I did was a refurb job on mine and it came out nice. Of course the engine has been pulled out twice. Once to fix the broken connecting rod and again for the broken cam. Witch I think was broke all along but didn't find till the shaft was pulled out. It is a testament to these old Kohlers because it still ran. They are tuff.

Melody Schutz

I spoke to Frank C in Maine this am to see if he would forward a package for me. Frank sold me my second tractor a 149 named Beulah . I bought power steering from a member here and can`t Wait to get that mounted on my 129 loader. I think it will be cats A$$ with power steering .So the 125 refurb is coming along and have ordered all the parts I will need from Charlie today.I`am having problems with the two disk in my neck(3,4 ) but I move when it lets me .To sum up my list for this spring,I will spray the 125 and finish it and then move to the 1961 O and paint the parts so I can put it back together. Then I need to paint good fenders for my 1512 D and install them. then it`s the 1500 Nomad , that will get a new float and a Carb job. All new main jets and needle for it.I have four months to get it done. Lots here to do. I promised Frank C I would post a shot of all my tractors this spring ,all 10 in a row And Frank will post some of His tractors
worthless.gif

.(well I will also have my Cub hauler trailer in it also) How is your Spring going ?

Latest posts

Back