• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

motor mounts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallace Fiala

Boy did I get a reckoning !! The motor mounts on my 1978 1450 rotted out for the second time so I mounted the engine solidly to the frame with washers and bolts. After a short drive I put rubber mounts back in. The vibration was terrible !!! Now I know why the rubber mounts !

I've heard that you need to put a cross member in to stiffen the frame if you want to delete the mounts?
I plan on looking for polyurethane suspension bushings to replace the rubber ones.
You can't delete the mounts, you have to either have the rubber or solid. Polyurethane are way to hard.
You have two options and I have both.
1586452424791.png

You can't delete the mounts, you have to either have the rubber or solid. Polyurethane are way to hard.
You have two options and I have both.
View attachment 137485
Looks like I'll be hitting you up for mounts in the future. 😁
I read about deleting the mounts on another site. As for polyurethane, that was an idea I was thinking about trying out. Glad to be on this forum hearing from people with the knowledge...👍👍

Looks like I'll be hitting you up for mounts in the future. 😁
I read about deleting the mounts on another site. As for polyurethane, that was an idea I was thinking about trying out. Glad to be on this forum hearing from people with the knowledge...👍👍
http://cubfaq.com/isomount.html

Wonder why that is,narrow frames and early wide frames were all solid mounted and I've never had any of them shake ,maybe some other issue ?

The engines in the earlier tractors are bolted directly to the frame. If you replace the iso mounts in a QL with solid mounts, there are now several additional pieces of metal between the engine and the frame, and since they are not infinitely rigid, the connection between the engine and frame is not as solid as if the engine were bolted directly to the frame, it can move more relative to the tractor, causing the operator to feel more vibration.

Plus if the comleted solid installation is not in the same horizontal plane as original this will lead to mis-alignment of the complete drivetrain exacerbating the whole shebang leading to even more vibration not to mention eventually wrecking the flex disc and driver bushings.

I just finished a 1650 w/all new parts and Dave Kirk balance plate on the crank and it is the smoothest running and quietest Cub I now have. My Wife, Carolyn, drove it the other day and remarked that is was quiet!

You folks have a fine spring day, I gotta go pull some anhydrous tanks again today!!

The older cub cadets like the 128 and 129 had balance gears in the engine. The Quiet line like a 1250 does not have the balancer gears so the engine was isomounted to reduce vibration and noise. Contrary to what you would think the side panels actually made the engine run cooler as they keep the heated air from the fan cooling and exhaust further away from the cooling fan intake.

Latest posts

Back