• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Moose r us/ccspecailties

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how some things went poof! And others did not.
Parts shelves,
264599.jpg

Some asked about the moose in our living room. Here's what's left of him.
264600.jpg

I gotta tellya the story behind the wheel weights.
The guy cleaning up tried to chop the axles with the bucket and hit the 1450 loader tractor 5 times and couldn't cut them off.
He stopped and hollered out the cab, DAMN INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER!!!

So he grabbed one setup with the bucket grapple and picked the whole tractor up and started flopping it back and forth like you would a piece of wire to break it.
After 6 flops back and forth, they finally broke off the tractor and the tractor flew about 30 feet, LOL
He goes over and picks the other side up and it took 9 flops to break that one off, LOL
It took him the better part of a hour just to break the wheel/axle assemblies off those machines!

Here's the Tahoe and 20ft. trailer that had close to 20K of the wife's inventory in it that we had just brought home that day,
264604.jpg

I see something in the lower right corner of that last photo. A stack of
ihrotate.gif
goodness.
happy.gif

We pulled 53 IH weights total out of that mess, LOL
Plus 33 JD weights.
Plus 26 42 pound suitcase weights.
I'm good on weights for a while I think.
biggrin.gif

Charlie-

You are taking this so well. I don't think I would have stopped crying yet. Such devastation.

I don't guess any fishing lures survived (???)

I/we are so relieved that you and the wife made it out ok. It's going to be hard if not impossible to replace a lot of stuff like the NOS IH parts you have/had but what the hell...you're still with us. Things will settle down after some time and CC Specialties will rise again.

I'm guessing any rebuilds will have a sprinkler system installed FIRST!

Wayne S.
There's been no time to cry man!
You go from sick to get it done mode with nothing in between, LOL
Your lure box was hanging right above the chair,
264616.jpg

Here's a couple pics the wife took.
The estimated that the flames at one point were 200 ft. +.
264617.jpg

We had a parking lot full, that's for sure!
264618.jpg

Charlie P. It is great to see that you're holding up so well. If I may ask... How is your wife and your faring? Seeing all tha destruction brings back memories of our barn fire in 1990.

ps. Since you have 53 IH rear weights save one for me. I have just one for Fancy's 1650 and I'll add the extra from you onto his Cub Cadet. That way one special kitty's tractor will have a rememberance of one very unique gentleman and his family.

Keep hanging in there. I wish that we lived closer. I'd be helping out anyway that I could.

charlie and wife, I am soo sorry for your great loss. The pics are devastating. I'm not sure how you are holding it all together. I imagine there will time in the future to fall apart a little..that would be only NORMAL. I have always been terrified of electrical/caused fires. When I was 5 I noticed our neighbors house on fire and reported it to my mom, who called it in. It left a huge mark on me for years and finding out it was electrical, for years I would unplug anything that wasn't in need of electricity at the moment. I have never left any applicances running, like washer/dryer, crock pot, fans running when we leave. Just something that has stuck with me.

I'm hoping the recovery from this will now flow to your benefit. Have you decided yet on how/what/where to rebuid. I'm sure those thoughts have been with you now that the clean up is moving along.

Cathleen

Cathleen M.
Everyone knows that we are NOT normal! LOL

Hopefully depending on the weather, this will be setting on site before the first of the year.
264765.jpg

264766.jpg

264767.jpg

264768.jpg

264769.jpg

264770.jpg

264771.jpg

Charlie, looks great. Stick built or pre-fab? I note that many things are natural finish. Your tastes always been raw wood, or changed a bit since moose-r-us?

Really nice, Charlie.
thumbsup_old.gif

I bet you don't even have to water the plants.
happy.gif

Looks like a laminate floor; those are very durable & easy to clean. Plenty of windows too. Very nice.

It's a Dynamic Homes.
They stick build them inside and roll'um out the door, it's actually pretty cool to watch a house roll along the assembly line being built.
http://www.dynamichomes.com/

Wayne K.
40 mil flooring, 20 year warranty, LOL
10 years on the house too.

The State Fire Marshall sent me a souvenir Saturday.
Here's the box/receptacle that caused it all.
He thought I would like to have it after they did all the forensic testing on it.
264786.jpg

Nice house Charlie, I am sure it will have all the personal touches from you and your wife once you get it delivered! So you have a 2nd one showing up for your new office too?? I like the big windows and everything so natural too, great taste! You have space for another moose in the livingroom?

Ahh, at least the Fire Marshal has a sense of humour about the big loss. All started from a little adaptor in the plug I think you said right? Damn!

Back