• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

melted connection on on kohler cv 12.5

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while replacing missing hardware on my mower, I noticed this connection. Is this something I Can say I never saw and ignore, Or is this a more serious issue? It connects to the shroud of the mower is that helps.

20230804_143436.jpg

Attachments

• 20230804_143436.jpg
    20230804_143436.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I would guess the cause to be the push on terminal became loose. Just put new push on terminals on each wire and get rid of the damage connector. Be sure to use insulated terminals.

Dirty, cruddy corroded terminals is the culprit here causing high resistance which causes the heat/melted plastic issues.
Most wiring issues are condensation issues caused by outside storage and/or high humidity.

Latest posts

Back