Maybe we'll get snow THIS year!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,
What did you fabricate to attach the shaft to the little gear type nub on the motor?

250595.jpg

Mike-
That's a 3/8" drive, 3-inch long "extension" and a correctly sized socket welded to each other. Both were from an old "Taiwan" socket set I had here that came with a used tool chest I bought a few years ago. The set was missing about half of the pieces, so it was the perfect "donor" for this project.

I don't remember the size of the socket, but you just need one that 'almost' fits on that cogged wheel sticking out of the motor, then you 'persuade' it on with a 3lb-multi-angle-swing-press as Don calls it.
biggrin.gif

That's what I thought it was, looked lik an extension. Crafty bugger eh?
bannana_guitar.gif

I often wondered what guys were using to link the motor to the chute rotator.

So, you still liking your "snow crew" set up? Nothing you'd change on it?

Who else has the potential of getting nailed by this storm moving into the mid west from Colorado? We are located in east central WI and the eye of the storm is supposed to move right over us on Wed night into Thurs mid day. If it does we could get up to 12" of the white stuff followed by lots of wind and plummeting temps
rant.gif
! Wish I had Arts cab now myself. Nearly bought one this summer...what was I thinkin'???
bash.gif

Joshua-
We're not getting any snow out of this storm. I guess ya either have the cab, or get the snow, but not both.

Mike-
Wouldn't change a thing.
happy.gif
<sub>(except maybe order MORE SNOW!)</sub>

Guess you guys, like me, will hafta make do witha giant garbage bag w/a couple eye holes and slots for your arms!!! haha

I'm in the same 12" boat....Guess I'd better swap the staging and make the 1650/blower combo the 1st one out the door and let the 1000/blade do the clean-up!!

Dave S

Home for Christmas, got the 1872 w/ Sims cab and 364 snowblower in the garage and oil changed, should be ready to go if we get anything. Front tires have really deteriorated in the past year; I'm probably going to order some V61s tonight and hope they get here before I have to go back to Wichita so I can put them on.

well the snow has started to fall here west of Oshkosh. Still wishing I had that cab. I forgo the bag in favor of a full face motorcycle helmet--yea call me a wimp but I look at it like driving a sled
Shift.gif
!!!When I'm finished blowing the snow my face is just fine and my clothes are covered in snow. Brush off, hang the clothes by the pellet stove, and sip some coffee while reading the forum
coffee.gif
. Certainly not as enjoyable as Art's cab but it's still seat time on my cub!
ihrotate.gif

Art--Once you get blasted with that first big snow, make sure you get pics of you sitting in the lap of luxury clearing the drive!!!

As of 10 am thursday, just this mess in Norhtern ILL

250810.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Great pictures Matt! Now we just need more snow for you to work that Cub in! Art, you get anymore snow to work with today? We need ACTION SHOTS!!!

Was it fairly warm Matt when you were blowing snow or you have HEAT in your cab? The snow is melting pretty good on the windows. Cub look's pretty good sitting there with snow on it in its snow duds.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back