• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Maybe we'll get snow THIS year!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Last year we got very little snow here. This Sept has been the 2nd driest in history. The grass is literally so dry here right now (soil is all sand) that if you step in the same place twice the grass blades break off leaving nothing but the dirt below. Anyway, we're hoping for some major snow this winter, so with that thought in mind, I thought it would be nice to give the snowblower rig some updates.

First the cab. After years of searching, I finally found a hard cab for the 2072. The soft cabs work great, but I welcome the solid cab.

After dealing with a few minor issues with the tractor as well as fixing a few fitment issues with the cab, it ended up being an all-day project.

246023.jpg

246024.jpg

246025.jpg

My wife calls it the "Pope-Mobile". I don't think she's too far off.
roflol.gif

More to come...
icon_jam.gif

Looks like a mean snow moving gear, I would love to find a Cab also.Now all you need is a little diesel cab heater and then you can blow snow and be warm .

Art, nice upgrade to the 2072. Great photos as well.
thumbsup.gif

Belated congrats on the cab, Pope Arthur III.

The hard cab looks great!

Thanks for the compliments so far...

I finally had time over the "turkey weekend" to get the details of this cab install finished. The biggest details are the addition of the rear mounted work light, and the electric chute rotator.

Since pictures speak 1,000-words, I'll shut up and let them talk:

249395.jpg

249396.jpg

249397.jpg

249398.jpg

249399.jpg

249400.jpg

249401.jpg

249402.jpg

249403.jpg

Here is a YouTube link for the Chute Rotator Motor:
Electric Chute Rotator on CCC 2072
(Sounds like I need to get some light oil on that rotator mechanism. 'squeek, squeek, squeek'..)

Looks like someone is ready for snow!!!! Looking great
greenthumb.gif

Art, if you can't wait to test it you could haul it up to my cabin. We got over 8" of snow on Thanksgiving day. Road trip!
Shift.gif
buttrock.gif

249513.jpg

249514.jpg

Art,
Do you have any pictures of your cab inside? I am wondering what it looks like where the fender flares rest on the fender pan itself. Did you put any type of foam or rubber gasket between them and the fenders to stop from rubbing the paint off the fenders? I am assuming these cabs are not air tight, but wasn't sure what they looked like from the seat looking down to fenders and the foot wells when the door is closed. Its not like they need a rubber floor mat to cover up the cracks to keep exhaust from coming inside cab right? Does the inside of your cab have any sound barrier foam other than in the roof? Do you find its noisey in there with the tractor and blower running?

Ohhh...so many questions and ideas with these tractors!

beerchug.gif

Mike-
Here are some pictures with measurements for you. To answer your question, there was some foam-rubber on the inside of the ceiling of the cab, but it was old and kept falling down, so I replaced it with some indoor/outdoor carpet. When people ask if it's loud inside the cab I just respond by saying, "What????"
happy.gif

Here's the pics...

250282.jpg

250283.jpg

250284.jpg

250285.jpg

250286.jpg

250287.jpg

250288.jpg

More pics...

250297.jpg

250298.jpg

250299.jpg

250300.jpg

250301.jpg

250302.jpg

There was one wide strip of rubber that goes between the rear window of the cab and the fender deck.

250303.jpg

Jeff
They don't need beverage holders, they live on popsicles and such....

bannana_guitar.gif
drool.gif

Great pictures Art, THANK YOU!!

That's what I am looking for. I was thinking if I ever get mine mounted and working, if its too loud, was going to buy some of that cab foam they sell that is glued to the inside of the newer cabs. Used to drive an old Cockshutt 1755 with the inside of the cab wrapped in it, made things nicer.

I too am interested, you still liking your cab in the snow?

Latest posts

Back