• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

MASSY FERGUSON TRACTORS

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Are massy fergusons tractors any good I might
have a chance at a free one or under 500 it is broke down it is my friends granpas tractor I think it is a 35.

Lucas J. Although some may not think so due to the MF garden tractors such as the MF 10 and Mf 12 had a Peerless four speed belt drive transmission the same as the John Deere tractors they are really a very solid and dependable little tractor. Early ones had aluminum dash and hood fronts and later had plastic. If it is free then go for it. You won't be disappointed. AND if you don't like it there are lenty of members here that will take it off your hands.

One more thing...The MF12 also was available with a hydro transmission.

Lucas - Is it Diesel or Gas ? Power Steering ?

I grew up on a MF35 Diesel , no PS though. That would have made it the "Deluxe Model". They were good stout work horses. I forget the HP but I think 30-35 horse.
Small enough for a garden and big enough to haul 15 layers of hay on a 20' wagon. Good tractor for running a square baler too.

Didn't the guy that built the 35 work at ford and end up winning a lawsuit against ford. Thats why the early massey tractors are so similar to ford 8N. I'm not that old but I used to have a Nebraska horse power book.

Lucas J. Okay... next thing you will starting yet another thread asking if it is true that Massey Ferguson actually sold a couple of Oliver tractors that were rebadged, repainted and called Massey Ferguson tractors.

Massey Ferguson did rebadge/repaint some Oliver tractors and sold them under their name. Massey tractors are a very good tractor. Very dependable and I would have a Massey anyday over a John Deere.

The MF 35 is as Ken stated a really great little tractor. Go for it... and the MF35 was pure Massey Ferguson.

I left out the LIVE PTO and LIVE 3 point.

Massey was the inventor of the hydraulic 3-pt lift.

Allen Thanks. I will call the guy and get more info.
Luther

Here are some specifications information Click Here

Engine specs

http://www.ytmag.com/ttalk/messages/381143.html

http://www.oldfergusontractors.com/

232543.gif
232544.gif

Type: Continental Z-129 I-head
Fuel: gasoline Marvel Schebler TSX 458 updraft carburetor
Aspiration: natural
Cylinders: 4
Valves: 8
Bore/Stroke: 3.25x3.875 inches [83 x 98 mm]
Displacement: 129 ci [2.1 L]
Cooling: liquid
Coolant: 10 qts [9.5 L]
Air cleaner: oil bath
Compression: 6.5:1
Rated RPMs: 2000
Torque: 107 lb-ft [145.1 Nm]
Torque RPMs: 1100
Starter: Delco 1109457
Starter volts: 6
Oil capacity: 5 qts [4.7 L] (crankcase)
1 qts [0.9 L] (filter)
Sparkplug: AC Delco 86
Champion 8
Intake valve clearance: 0.015 (cold)
Exhaust valve clearance: 0.015 (cold)

Well i went to mty friends house and he has a 35 ferguson. Now he knows. The points were set on .038 so i fixed that and it ran like new.THANKS

Latest posts

Back