• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Man, it's been a hot summer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Mo

displayname
Terry Reed
It's been so hot here in Missouri, that look what it done to this ice cream truck.

195510.jpg

Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos. ~Don Kardong

KENDAL - DQ is actually Ice Milk, at least it used to be. I grew up about ten miles from the garage where the first DQ machine was built. I used to work for a company that made the ice cream freezers for companies like Good Humor, Ben & Jerry's, Eddy's, Wells Blue Bunny, Deans. Places that make 100,000's GALLONS of IC every day. Our littlest machine made 100 gal/hour, biggest made over 1100 gal/hour. B&J ordered SIX of those biggest machines at one shot. I saw a show, Ultimate Factories, on Wells Blue Bunny, located in beautiful Le Mars IA, they have a freezer warehouse that holds something over TWO MILLION Gallons of IC. And it's a "Just in Time" mfg. plant.

ALL IC companies have cut out so much of the milk's butterfat now days the internal metal parts that used to be lubricated by the IC now have to have Teflon bushings.

You guys with all this talk about it being hot!
Last night we had 37 degrees and the neighbor 4 miles north, swears he had frost on his windshield!

I'm afraid it's gonna be a LONG COLD winter up this way.
biggrin.gif

It's time to move back to God's country, Charlie. No frost here yet, but it has cooled down some, upper 80s to low 90s for now (humidity is still high though, but that's typical here). The H's, hot, humid and hazy.

It has cooled down here from 100 with heat index of 108 for 3 weeks. To 90 with heat index of 98.
Charlie that cool temp would feel good here.

Geeze Charlie, I know you moved considerably north of your previous diggs, but are you really that close to the Arctic Circle ! ?
cwm.gif

Charlie
we have temps of 72 to 80 deg daily over here lol. move this way and you can go to the beach and its always cooler there.You don`t have to keep the beer fridge full over your way ,like I do here in Nova Scotia Canada.
beerchug.gif

this thread applies to us here in No. ILL

I wish I could post a graph but during the last 9 days we had 8 over 100f and seven came in a row.

now that was melting icecream

It's so hot and dry here the chickens are laying hard boiled eggs and the cows are giving powdered milk!
a---allalone.gif
biggrin.gif

It is now 9:07PM EST and the temperature has plummeted to 88 degrees.

241814.gif
Yesterday I read in the paper about a house fire that was created by a decomposing plant in a wooden planter that combusted and caught fire on their front step and then spread to the house. Goodness. I had never heard of such a thing. I guess because of the wood in the planter, and the rotting plant, the heat and all the perfect factors weighing in together it created the perfect scenerio to combust and start a fire. they warned people to continue to water plants or if they had dead plants in pots to dispose of them so the plant material doesn't has a change to break down and then combust. WOW!! I guess there are dangers with dry weather/ drought that we dont think of or knew could even happen.

241815.gif
in the paper there was an article about our up and coming forecast The dry and hot conditions that have been created by El Nino aren't going to let up anytime soon and we can expect drought conditions to worsen and continue in a northerly direction. Several states from California to even a few on the east coast are now affected and the talk has been about the midwest and the crops, which Aren't at this point. Even here in Iowa the corn isn't coming up, just empty husks. Says we can expect dry and hot conditions well into October and then to expect dry conditions through the winter, like we had this past winter...barely any snow.

This week they had thunderstorms in the forecast but it was sunny and hot all week, so I'm not sure where in Iowa it stormed. Next week, here in Iowa the highs are to sky rocket over the 100 degree mark and with the heat index factored in, well, its gonna be just plain miserable. I know Marlin isn't looking forward to being the plant with that forecast for next week.

Bad news as far as food prices goes too .. a year ago I think it was almost a 4% increase we took and their talking another 3% or more again this fall. Thats depressing.

angel.gif
Angel

Hello everyone, reading about the combustion, we had a lawn company last year with a big pile of compost in an area around San Antonio combust into a huge fire - our summer last year was unbearable. This year it is hot but not as hot as last year. I hate to say it but some of our corn is going to do ok - about 60 bushel/acre - still off by about 40-50% though. I live in the central part of the state and we had about 1/2 inch rain Sunday morning before church. It was welcome but the humidity sure did rise after that. Just thinking - we pump every liquid immaginable around the country except water. Hope the heat lets up for everyone this year soon.

It's been so hot here in eastern Iowa, they've had to start up a bunch of these huge fans all around the county so's we can cool off!!!

But I think the only results have been to blow what few rain clouds that have drifted near by into the next county!!

Dave S.

Monday July 23rd.. Breaking News.
241976.gif
It RAINED at 4:55am this morning for a whole two minutes. From the big production that the thunder beings and the fire sticks put forth, I thought we might actually get something that amounted to something, but we didnt.

David S, I've seen those fans, I thought they generated electricity.

Forcast for today in North Central Wi was for more rain then what was recived over the weekend.
Weatherman joked we only got 10 drops of rain over the weekend and we could exspect at least 12 drops tonight.
He was wrong once again as I was outside when all 11 drops of rain fell.

It has been very hot here in No. Illinios.

Here are a few pictures of the chillers we use to keep our hospital cool during the summer

chiller 6, rated 700 tons and 8 years old
242131.jpg

chiller 8, rated 700 tons and 18 years old
242132.jpg

chiller 5, rated 300 tons and 40 years old
242133.jpg

Chiller 1&2 rated at 350 each and about 40 years old, BUT they are being replaced and de-comissioned.
242134.jpg

242135.jpg

this is the replacement for 1&2
chiller 9 rated at 750 ton and still being installed
242136.jpg

242137.jpg

and this is a screen shot from chiller 8
242138.jpg

Latest posts

Back