• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looking for 1863 plow blade lever/bar to lower and raise plow

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki Maier

Hi, we finally got the plow accessory for the 1863 cub cadet sandblasted and painted. Now we seem to be missing the “bar” or lever that attaches to the tractor and blade to lower and raise the blade. Any suggestions where we might find something like this? Thanks!

Is this the part that you are looking for?

Blade Subframe-2.JPG

Xtreme motor works, a sponsor of this page, has heavy duty lift rods for sale. They also have adjustable lift rods, new cutting edges, and plow frame support brackets. You will find a link to their web site at the top of this page.

Hi, we finally got the plow accessory for the 1863 cub cadet sandblasted and painted. Now we seem to be missing the “bar” or lever that attaches to the tractor and blade to lower and raise the blade. Any suggestions where we might find something like this? Thanks!
It depends on what blade you have. IH and Haban blades lift different.

I agree that Xtreme should be able to supply a lift rod to help you. I would drop them a note or call them and find out what they need. The sizes, length of the needed rod, and diameter of both holes (the one on the tractor should be a familiar size to them, the diameter of the hole on the blade may differ depending on which company made the blade) as Digger has stated.

Last edited:
Nicki, can you post a photo of the plow so we can hopefully identify it so we can help you get the correct lift rod?

Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions! Attached is a picture for clarification. We did order a rod from one of the links posted. 🤞🤞. Apologies for the blade color - we had it sandblasted and the color they painted it isn’t even close! 😳

Attachments

• 5B956BD4-019A-426A-A369-7E84A3797ECA.jpeg
    5B956BD4-019A-426A-A369-7E84A3797ECA.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 69
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions! Attached is a picture for clarification. We did order a rod from one of the links posted. 🤞🤞. Apologies for the blade color - we had it sandblasted and the color they painted it isn’t even close! 😳
Lets see a side shot of that machine, to see the lift arm setup. Also, your probably going to find that you'll have to modify the lift bracket on the blade as it has a 1/2" slot for the rod and the one you ordered is going to be 5/8". You'll also probably have to get a different lift arm on the tractor depending on what you have now.

Here are side pictures. Thanks!

Attachments

• 14D0E47C-21AA-4B05-9961-0F715B06B55E.jpeg
    14D0E47C-21AA-4B05-9961-0F715B06B55E.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 4C619B11-FE32-4E54-8E82-73A8B4335809.jpeg
    4C619B11-FE32-4E54-8E82-73A8B4335809.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 76
Here are side pictures. Thanks!
I asked for "to see the lift arm setup." To explain futher, If you setting on the tractor, take a pic of the right side where the lift bracket/arm comes out of the side of the frame where your right foot would be.

Here are more pictures. Sorry this isn’t my forte. I do appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 412B884C-2A28-4295-BB69-1E92E6181287.jpeg
    412B884C-2A28-4295-BB69-1E92E6181287.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 76
  • D59C5E56-91F1-4C50-B7DA-0C349E61D4DE.jpeg
    D59C5E56-91F1-4C50-B7DA-0C349E61D4DE.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 82
Nicki,
I think Digger wants to see where the lift rod fits to determine the diameter and location of the holes. Time for more photos. Please take at least one of each bracket from the operator's right side off of the tractor to show the holes and the larger flat sides rather than the edge view.

Latest posts

Back