Looking at a 982

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stritle

displayname
Steve Tritle
One has a Kohler, the other an Onan.

The tractor with the Onan has a 3-pt and PTO. I also can get a tiller with it.

The Kohler tractor comes with wheel weights, a thrower, and a 60 inch deck.

Which would you buy?

Even though I'm not a big Onan fan, I'd go for the one with the 3-point and PTO. But it would also depend on the condition of each.

Steve T, Kraig: What 982 with a Kohler??? No such critter. Onan's in all of them according to TC-193. Later versions with a different model number maybe, but not a 982.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Onans are tough but you don't want to buy parts for them
sad.gif

Are Onans hard to get parts for, or expensive to pay for?

There is most definately a Kohler 18 in the first one. I would post the picture, but it is too big. Maybe the motor was swapped, though it looks factory. I just sent an email to find out.

Steve, Onan parts are expensive. Email the photos to me I'll resize them and post them. I'll be headed out soon so I might not get them posted until tomorrow.

Onan parts have to come from somewhere in Canada as far as I know, even harder to get parts for and more expensive since a change occurred in 2003, I've only heard this info not know it for fact.

Onan Turbo Diesel......that don't sound very manly ta me.

I think Cummins sold ONAN.....the International Engine plant in Huntsville, AL. was a Cummins plant that I think made all the ONAN engines. Now International makes 6.0L & 6.4L engines there.

Anything ever happens to the Onan in My 982 I know I won't rebuild it. And as much as I hate to throw things away THAT's saying a LOT!

I am interested in either one of the 982 s.that steve tritle has. email me with price and location.

Latest posts

Back