• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Let's talk Camcorders!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I'm looking for input on which camcorder would be the best for all around ease of use, yet rugged enough to withstand the vibrations of Cubs and tractors, LOL

I'm with Charlie. I have a grandchild on it's way and will need to take lots-o-cub pictures.

Charlie
I have the answer for you ! this will take the vibrations and is water proof and shots 170 deg in HD video. Around $270.00 over your way. here have a read.

LINK

I have plans for the HD 2 for my MC to capture some video , the noise cancelling (wind) is Nice.

Charlie, I'll second Don's suggestion of the GoPro Hero video camera. I've wanted one for quite some time. The HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition would probably work best for mounting on a Cub Cadet. I'm more likely to purchase a hand held camcorder for the kind of videos I take, I also want a camcorder that has a good optical zoom so when I finally buy a new camera it'll likely be a Sony and the HDR-CX160 is the one I'm presently leaning towards. I'd also like to upgrade my digital camera and I'm tempted to get the Sony DSC-HX100V If only I could afford all 3.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
Did you read about the HD Hero 2 ? they are now a leader in camcorders. Best 170 deg optical lens . I have one on order for spring summer use. I`am thinking it would be nice to see video of rides I take with my 1500 nomad MC in the summer and watch it when it is Cold lol. The card can be increased to take 8 hrs of video at one time. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Don, yes I've read about it. Note the link in my post. The one problem I have with it, for my intended use is that it does not have a zoom lens.
sad.gif
That said, it would be the best option for what Charlie asked about, which was mounting to a Cub. I can't afford one of each of the cameras I mentioned so I'm going to have to compromise when/if I do make a purchase and I will skew the choice to the favor of what would get the most use and right now that would be the Sony HDR-CX160 camcorder. And yes, I am biased towards Sony when it comes to digital cameras and camcorders.
happy.gif

Somebody needs to get some PD footage with one of those GoPro cameras. I've been drooling over them for quite some time now.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor
Charlie if you want The HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition , I know a guy that has a new one for sale over your way. He has it for sale in the MC form for $200.00 plus shipping. I was going to pull on it till he wanted $49.65 shipping to me . they are $269.00 local so if I but local I will have not spent much more. I want to stay away from the over border fees. Email me for his email add. later Don T

$200.00 and shipping to you would not cost much.!

I just recently got a GoPro, but haven't had a chance to try it. If the weather forecasters aren't lying and it gets into the 50s this weekend, I might be able to try it out and provide some input as to how well it works.

I wanted to stick it in the cab of my 1872 when I was home for Christmas, but we didn't get any snow
angry.gif

Actually Charlie is getting ready to film his own TV Series Minnesota Gold Rush using vintage Cub Cadets and attachments built by Xtreme Motorworks.
234568.gif
happy.gif

Having a video camera like that would be great! I'd love to be able to get some lengthy footage of the plow at work. It would make it easier to dream up new gadgets for the plow. I made some real short video's with the digital camera but it's just not long enough.

charlie, there are bigfoots up there seen it on tv you should go on the hunt for them with a new camcorder and make a your show on the trail with charlie!

Well, I was thinking of getting a new camcorder but I decided that I should get a new digital camera that can take HD video instead. Sooo, I got the Sony DSC-HX100V digital camera that I mentioned in my post below.

My thoughts so far ->
buttrock.gif
1AA_dance2.gif
bouncy.gif
Only problem I see is that it can do so many things I'm going to be spending a bunch of time
rtfm.gif
Hopefully I won't ever forget to resize a full resolution image before I post it, can you say wide screen?
yikes.gif
I'm going to have to get a LOT bigger hard drive to hold all the image and video files.
popcorn.gif

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I think with the Hero H2 you choose your format to shoot the video with . so you can have HD in the pick . I will have one soon as MC weather gets here.

Finally got a chance to try out my GoPro (last Monday when I couldn't go to work because of tornado damage, no less). Here's my new hobby since I don't have any cubs to work on right now
happy.gif

Schweizer 2-33A Aero Tow

This was shot in the 1080p mode, which narrows the field of view a bit. Next time I'm going to use the wide-angle mode which is in 720p. The footage in 1080p looks nice, and the youtube compressed version doesn't really do it justice.

Back