• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Leaking hydralic fluid after adding brackets.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mames

displayname
Mark Ames
I am working on installing a 364 snow blower on a 782D I had to add two brackets at the rear of the tractor I now find that I am leaking hydralic oil, one of the parts that I may have installed incorrectly is called a bell washer it is a cupped washer how are these to be installed raised or rounded end in or out from tranny case, or should I be adding thread sealer of some form-a-gasket? the washer is item 18 in the 3 point hitch diagram. Item 8,9 are the same part as item 6 shown in the blower diagram. The second diagram shows how the brackets attach to the tractor.

181454.gif

181455.gif

Mark, Redrain the hydro fluid in the rearend. Remove the 2 lower bolts on each side of the lower axle carrier. Spray some brake cleaner in the holes with the drain plug still out to clean the threads, blow the cleaner out with air and same to bolts. Then apply a good brand silicone to threads on the bolt and reinstall the bolts. I let them set up over night and then run a pint of fluid in rearend to flush out brake fliud and replace plug and fill with fluid. This happens every time you remove those 4 bolts. You will notice they did have silicone on from factory. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back