• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Last year or model #'s cub cadet used gear drive

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmastin

displayname
Chris Mastin
What was the last year and model #'s cub cadet used gear drive trans in their garden tractors?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Can't say for sure but I think the <u> TRUE IH CUB</u> transmission was used in the 582

Without looking at any info there was the 70-100-71-102-122-73-104-124-106-126-108-128-800-1200-582.
I'm sure I'm missing some, but IH had several gear drives in each series of Cub Cadet line pretty much to the end.

Chris
I belive Tom answered you realy well.
Im curious what your asking exactly??Your profile says you have a 70 and 100,both gear drives made after the original!!

Tom H, Jason D: There was also the Model 72, Model 86, Model 1000, Model 1100, and the Model
482 gear drives.

Myron B
CCSupplyroom

Myron,
Thanks for adding those "stagglers". The 1100 and the 482 have the peerless(junk) transmisssions.

And the 1604 (aka yellow and white version of the 582 special), like the 482 and 1100, with the peerless.

The 1535 (cyclops series) was the last gear drive garden tractor the use the Cub style 3 speed transmission (but with an aluminum housing). I don't know what year it was discontinued (probably 1991 or 1992, but it began production in 1990. The cyclops series ended in 1997 so it was definetly before that.

Back