• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

KT Series I vs M20S

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bill for the numbers. I'd looked them up in the parts lookup last night and was having heart failure!
feint.gif

Can someone post a pic or two on the location of the remote oil filter for your M18 or M20 engine on the firewall and the necessary modifications to the firewall to accommodate the pressure lines? I need to attach mine and I would like to see how the factory did it. Thanks

I'm going to suggest this instead...where the factory mounted it, you have to unbolt it from the firewall to avoid making a mess when you remove the filter. This works just as well, you won't have to cut anything, and as an added bonus, you can use the longer filter, too. I just put a long bolt in a threaded hole in the intake manifold and put a long spacer between the oil filter bracket and the manifold. This has been on my 782 for a few years now.

230014.jpg

To change the filter, just loosen the bolt, slide the filter bracket out, swing it over the right side, and remove the filter.

Thanks Matt & Ken for the pics and the info. I appreciate it. I think I'm getting closer to having my Cubbie up and running!
1AA_dance2.gif

Thanks to Chris Westfall, I now have a correct PTO for my M20 transplant. Everything else has come together nicely for the swap between the old KT 17 and the Magnum motor. The exhaust ports are identical for spacing and diameter. Obviously, there are some definite rewiring issues from the KT to the M series motors but it isn't impossible to do. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the upgrade in motors affects the overall performance of the machine. This could become my new favorite tractor!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back