• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kraig McConaugheys father passed away Friday morning

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Personally I think the McConaughey family has had to deal with way to much loss in the last few years.
Sorry just doesn't seem to be enough to say at times like these!
sad.gif

My thoughts are with Kraig and his family - I echo your sentiments, Charlie. For those of us that are far from Kraig's hometown, where we can't be there to help in some way, do a good deed in Mr. McConaughey's memory - maybe help someone out and tell them to pay it forward in the memory of one that has passed on....

It's a bad feeling on this end wanting to help someone on that end. The internet allows us to make friends and brings us closer together until something like this happens, then we see how far we really are from oneanother. It's frustrating when you want to be there in person for a friend.

For those that are / will be asking what his illness was (hope you don't mind Kraig) From an email I had with him 4/10/07
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Not sure if I'm going to PD13. Due partly to the questionable weather but mostly to my father's failing health. He's been battling colon cancer, I think he beat the cancer but in doing so he's so weak and his digestive system is so messed up that he's down to about 90lbs.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Kraig,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dave

Kraig - My sympathy to you and yours for your loss. If there's anything at all that you need from west central Minnesota, don't hesitate to ask.

Ken - Thanks for sharing the info. I've only met Kraig once, at the Iowa Plow Day last month, but he struck me as someone who is always happy to help others - in this case through awareness of the disease. It's a good opportunity to remind everyone to get regular colon checks (men AND women) and to never ignore any potential warning signs. And for men, the same goes for prostate health. Everyone on this site obviously has some level of computer ability and internet access, so if you're not already aware of warning signs and screenings, do a little research and do what you can to catch any problems as early as possible.

Kraig,

You and your family will be in mine and Kathy's prayers. I think Ken described it very well. Wish we all could be there to support you.

Rick

Kraig you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of my family at this time of your loss.

Have you guys ever met someone and knew right on the spot that they were someone special?

I had the chance to meet Tom McConaughey this past fall when I purchased his 2072. I know this doesn't surprise anyone here because we all know Kraig, and "the apple never falls far from the tree" as they say, but I could tell right away that he was a very special man. I consider myself lucky to have met him, if only for a brief moment...

Kraig, I don't know what to say other than "I'm sorry". Your dad was a very special man and as we both know, he is now in a special place.

This weekend as I was cleaning out the garage, I looked over and saw this amongst the other idling tractors which were waiting their turn back in after the clean out. The camera was in my pocket, so I had to take a shot.... This one's for you Tom!

56313.jpg

Kraig... I am very sorry to hear about this. From the stories have heard you tell about your family, I understand how close you all are, and that family means a lot to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers....

Robb

Thank you to all for the emails, phone calls, thoughts and prayers. Also like to thank <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>cubcadet.com for the plant that was sent.

Kraig - If you didn't smoke it all , pass some of the "plant" around man !
56426.gif

Glad you're back !
56427.gif
56428.gif

KENtucky, um, it wasn't "that kind" of plant.
happy.gif
You might like this picture of my dad and a couple of fish he caught up at a friend's place in Canada.

56430.jpg

Kraig - Jest tryin ta lighten yer day ;)

Those are some nice eyes, how much they cost him at the fish market ? This is my second year of no fishing... someday I'll get the outboard fixed
56445.gif

KENtucky, I'm sure they would have been much cheaper to buy at a fish market.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back