Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Iron Gard Questions

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Steve, don't forget: it won't look like the original IH factory job unless you have some runs in the finish...
:roflol::roflol::roflol:

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Long time ago Jim Chabot did alot of research on the factory runs/drips on Originals. Seems like he discovered every Original has a run on the inside of the frame, and so do his restoration units. Wish I had a pic but don't.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
The inside of the frame/ bottom of the hydro had to be yellow.......not a high standard to hit.

Sheet metal was held to much higher standards. Denny has some insight on it from his Farmall days

Jay Fetters

Have any of you guys ever put pearl or metal flake in? I'm wondering how it would look. My 1650 is do for a spray and I really want the pearl in the white. My bride thinks I should flake the yellow as well, but I think that may be too much, maybe the frame and rear fenders, but would be a waste on the pump and rear.

Mark Evans

Be light on the pearl and go light on flake and shoot test sheets and dry to View and then decide remember to use a small amount of fish eye and screen the start paint and water needs dealt with in compressor air !!!! It will make it pop stay with the outer sheet metal on the sparkle and pearl !!!!