• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Iron Gard Questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the red is IronGuard shot over Rustoleum professional/industrial primer (tractor ruddy brown primer, chisel gray). NapaSenior enamel reducer and super wet look acrylic enamel harder.
20200920_145459.jpg
20200920_145229.jpg
20200613_105727.jpg

Thanks, "Turbo" , "T", and "Super" are cut from same color vinyl as Cub Cadet decals, then applied to stock set of 782D decals from Maple Hunter. Turbo is on black background and about 1/3 the size of a 1466 decal in the exact same font.

See that can behind DP50 That’s Raderal. Sprayable polyester (MUD) You need a 2.5 or bigger cap. Best kept secret . When i do Muscle cars i spray (2-3) coats over all my bodywork. Then use the (Big) wooden paint sticks cut in half by length. Then sand car with 150. Straightest cars you’ve ever seen.

Looking at that image of the paint dribbles running down the outside of the can reminded me of a "life hack" to share.... take a strip ( or two one on top of each other) of wide 2" masking tape and on opening the tin of paint gently wipe to lip on the inside for about 1/3 the circumference, then stick the edge of the masking tape to the inside of the can making a pouring lip for yourself. Most times starting in the middle and working outwards makes it into a pouring spout ( not always 100% successful but worth a try)
Most times you wont even end up with paint in the tin's gutter and a quick discard of the used old lip allows you to seal the can like new

Indeed! Gorden that can is empty. So no need. But yes i’ve put 2 inch masking tape on cans like you said. In the old Days people were notorious for mixing way to much paint. I’m pretty Good at estimating. Although i have guys at work that are terrible at it and waste $$$$

Back