IH trucks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this one today at a big truck show here on the Island.
pretty cool transtar
194789.jpg

Back in 2005, the yearly ATHS show was at the Kruse International auction site (just bought by RM recently) in Auburn, Indiana. I took about 250 pics, here's some to enjoy...
195034.jpg

195035.jpg

195036.jpg

195037.jpg

195038.jpg

195039.jpg

195040.jpg

195041.jpg

195042.jpg

195043.jpg

195044.jpg

195045.jpg

195046.jpg

195047.jpg

195048.jpg

195049.jpg

The picture with YT standing in front of the morticians truck was kind of special - I lived right next door to that funeral home for about 4 years in the early 60's and remember the truck being in the barn next to our house (this was in town. they kept the hearse in the barn, too...)

GERRY - Thanks for posting all those pic's. I spent WAY too much time around late 40's & early 50's vintage medium duty trucks when I was young. They were wore out but still being used as farm trucks by many people around home. Wouldn't have been s bad except the brakes on those over-loaded trucks were not good when they were new. Rated load capacity didn't mean much to most farmers back then.

The IH cab-over, third pic from the bottom always amazed me. Local feed company ( small town of 103 people I grew up by had THREE feed mills, bank, restaurant, tavern, gen'l store, big lumber yard, local garage that worked on cars, tractors, other farm equip., also did some general machine shop work, three trucking companies, a fertilizer co, and an elementary school and a church.

ANYHOW, the one feed company had one of those cab-over IH tractors for a while to run down to the Kent Feeds plant in Muscatine, IA every day to haul home bagged hog & cattle feed suppliments. The two small lower front windows always made me laugh. IH really did make some off-beat trucks thru the years. Basically that model was a cab from a conventional dropped onto the frt fenders over the engine to shorten the wheelbase so longer trailers could be pulled. And That was back in the day when 32 & 36 ft trailers were the norm. Just about the time 40 & 42 footers were starting to be made. 45 footers were still several years off.

Going to the Sublette Tractor, Truck, and toy show on Sunday, I'm sure there will be some IH's there.

A friend from college had an International "SUV" back in the late 70's. It was like a huge station wagon. I think it's the second picture below on the tan flatbed.

Some good cruising around western Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia in it with a whole slew of friends. GOOD TIMES WITH CHESTER (RIP)

I didn't know where to post this.
My neighbor used to work at the Ft. Wayne,In. plant that built the scouts and other IH trucks.
He was cleaning out his tool box and came across these VIN tags. He wondered if they were worth anything. I told him to somebody they prolly are. I just thought they were cool and would be helpful for someone restoreing their old IH truck.
232333.jpg

Kent, Yes they are probably worth something to sombody. Dont lose them, not sure I'd want to get caught with them either.

Not sure Id want to get caught either though they are blank VIN plates so youre not up to no good haha. Theyd be quite useful for replacing or restoring a worn or faded VIN tag on an IH thats been around a while.

I was just at a car show and came across the same scout on the truck that Gerry showed, the same guy owns the scout ss at the end of Gerrys pictures and he also had that there.

this was at cruise night in Freeport, Il

243049.jpg

Stopped at a drug store last night, this was in the parking lot... Sez 31 K original miles..
244638.jpg

244639.jpg

244640.jpg

244641.jpg

Mike - Nope - too many projects now.. (just bought a loaded Club Car golf cart with a broken motor for $300.00). Barn is full.....
rant.gif

Gerry,
Maybe that's the "cure" for the addiction? <font size="-2">(Drugstore......get it)</font>

Tom:
I suspect it wouldn't be a cure for the back problem I've just developed - that suspension looks a little stiff.. I got the third degree from somebody close tonight about why I'd posted that pic on Facebook ... she also seemed to think the barn is full :0

GERRY - Yes, IH trucks were NEVER known for their smooth ride. Or for body panels that lasted years on salted winter roads up here in the great white north.

I'm not a huge fan of that trucks paint color, in the pic's it almost looks faded, but MAN... Where else can you find a truck with only 31K miles for only $4500. 4WD, new tires & wheels. Has to be one of the last IH pickups built, think they stopped building them in '71 or '72. Granted it's "Only a half-ton" but I bet it rides like an F350.... Bet it had a manual 4-spd & T-case too didnt it?

Latest posts

Back